Customer Service 866.965.0400

Gift for My Son Damien - Home from 4th then Off to 5th Tour of Duty

smokemeister25

Question

hi guys...

i'd like your advice on a little tiny kit for a gift for my son. about 5 months ago my son came home slightly wounded from his 4th tour of duty in you know where... :( as a gift to himself he bought a new camaro SS the day he arrived home. it was something he had saved for and wanted for a long time. he keeps it clean as a whistle but i'm sure he doesn't do it right or even for that fact know how. i know for a fact that he uses a lot of spray detailer instead of washing. i would like to ask ashley to send him a little tiny kit of the most important things and hope he will use them instead of just spray detailing with turtle wax ice and a bath towel or maybe he gets polish rags from walmart... you get the idea.

so could you give me your opinions on a small inexpensive kit of things for him to try. hopefully he'll actually give them a try and not just leave them on the shelf. i was thinking spray detailer, a couple of the nice microfiber towels, some waterless stuff maybe and waffle towels.... i think they have some sample sizes maybe. if he uses them and likes them i'm more than happy to buy him whatever he wanted but to just leave em sit on the shelf would be a bummer. not sure he really knows how to do what you guys are into.... do you think some sample sizes and a few towels for around 50 bucks or less is possible?

until lately he wasn't even able to use his arm well enough to really do much polishing but he's gone through a lot of physical therapy and is strong enough now. for what it's worth he's gonna get deployed on his 6th time and go back this march.... and yes, i worry a lot.

thanks for suggestions. i wish i could buy him everything but lets give him 3 or so things to get him started.

• Answers 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

201 answers to this question

This has been an awesome outpouring of generosity and great to see!!

Look forward to hearing about the big reveal, wish I could be a fly on the wall. Would be cool if some of the AF gang could be there as representatives of the group as a whole to say 'Thank you for your service!' :patriot:

Wow he got the cart too! That's pretty much everything under the sun except the Flex!!!

Great job guys for all the donations we did it!!!

That cart is sitting in my cart just taunting me everytime I look at it. Muahahahaha!

Guest Sarah@Adams
I wish I would have found this thread sooner and donated!! If there is any way to donate further in any capacity please let me know!

Please tell Damien thank you for his service!! :patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot:

If there is something you would like to add give me a call. We can still add to the current order.

I echo all the earlier sentiments, and my heart-felt thanks to *ALL* who serve to protect our freedoms!

A special thanks to Lynn for all her hard work coordinating this....given all her other responsibilities, quite an effort, but not in the least bit surprising!

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!

:2thumbs::rockon:

Guest Sarah@Adams
How late will you be answering the phone? I can call as soon as I get home and I don't like to be on the phone when I'm driving.

Thank you!

Just give me a call when you get home, I am an hour behind you. If we miss each other we can take care of things on Monday.

Guest Sarah@Adams
Damien... We hope you will accept this small token of our appreciation for your heroic efforts in supporting this great country! May God bless you and keep you safe.

:patriot:From the bottom of our hearts, thank you for your service,

Adam, The Adam's Team and Adam's Forum Members

Here is Damien's :welcomebanner: HOME Care Package!

Adam's Ultimate Porter Cable 7424XP Detail Kit

611.jpg

Adam's Grit Guard Car Wash Bucket & Caddy

57.jpg

Adam's Double Car Wash Bucket Caddy Adapter

596.jpg

Adam's Car Wash Shampoo Refill-1 Gallon

33.jpg

Adam's Perfect Glass Cleaning Collection

431.jpg

Adam's Microfiber Detailing Towel Bundle

625.jpg

Adam's Pro Detailers Cart

605.jpg

Adam's Americana Detailer's Bag

446.jpg

Adam's Premium Bamboo Cotton T-Shirt

629.jpg

Thank you to all who helped to make this happen! :cheers:Thank you also to those who are sending items directly to Les for Damien.

:patriot:WOW! MORE STUFF... Thanks to another AMAZING Forum Member!!

You can always use extra Adam's Polishing Pads and the Adam's 4" Focus Pads are a great addition to the kit too! :party:

Adam's Focus 4" Polishing Pad Kit

430.jpg

Adam's PC Waxing Pad-6.75" Gray

336.jpg

Adam's PC Fine Machine Polishing Pad-6.75" White

335.jpg

Adam's PC Swirl & Haze Remover Polishing Pad-6.75" Orange

334.jpg

Adam's PC Severe Swirl Remover Polishing Pad-6.75" Green

564.jpg

What a GREAT group we have here on the Adam's Forum! :bow:

Guest Sarah@Adams
Glad I could help out with this Lynn!! It was a pleasure talking with you today!

Any solid date on when the 'huge surprise' is going down? I'm in PA and wouldn't mind being there to thank this gentleman for his service! :patriot:

Les..

Are we looking at Saturday, October 29th for the big reveal? Can we get a conformation of time, date and place?

:party:Would any other forum members like to join in on "The Big Reveal"? :party:

the 29th is a saturday and the only weekend date i could do anything. anybody that donated and lives close enough to come i'll take them out to lunch for the ''presentation...'' i live about 3 miles off the pa turnpike at the cranberry township exit which is about 29 miles from the ohio border.

i do need to know how many people are coming so i can make arrangements

:welcomebanner:

Edited by smokemeister25

Guest Sarah@Adams
the 29th is a saturday and the only weekend date i could do anything. anybody that donated and lives close enough to come i'll take them out to lunch for the ''presentation...''

:welcomebanner:

I wish I were closer to see this! For those who would like to addend please just reply and I will start a list for Les.

Guest Sarah@Adams
Damien... We hope you will accept this small token of our appreciation for your heroic efforts in supporting this great country! May God bless you and keep you safe.

:patriot:From the bottom of our hearts, thank you for your service,

Adam, The Adam's Team and Adam's Forum Members

Here is Damien's :welcomebanner: HOME Care Package!

Adam's Ultimate Porter Cable 7424XP Detail Kit

611.jpg

Adam's Grit Guard Car Wash Bucket & Caddy

57.jpg

Adam's Double Car Wash Bucket Caddy Adapter

596.jpg

Adam's Car Wash Shampoo Refill-1 Gallon

33.jpg

Adam's Perfect Glass Cleaning Collection

431.jpg

Adam's Microfiber Detailing Towel Bundle

625.jpg

Adam's Pro Detailers Cart

605.jpg

Adam's Americana Detailer's Bag

446.jpg

Adam's Premium Bamboo Cotton T-Shirt

629.jpg

Thank you to all who helped to make this happen! :cheers:Thank you also to those who are sending items directly to Les for Damien.

:patriot:WOW! MORE STUFF... Thanks to another AMAZING Forum Member!!

You can always use extra Adam's Polishing Pads and the Adam's 4" Focus Pads are a great addition to the kit too! :party:

Adam's Focus 4" Polishing Pad Kit

430.jpg

Adam's PC Waxing Pad-6.75" Gray

336.jpg

Adam's PC Fine Machine Polishing Pad-6.75" White

335.jpg

Adam's PC Swirl & Haze Remover Polishing Pad-6.75" Orange

334.jpg

Adam's PC Severe Swirl Remover Polishing Pad-6.75" Green

564.jpg

What a GREAT group we have here on the Adam's Forum! :bow:

WOW... MORE!

Adam's Ultimate Merino Wool Car Wash Mitt

628.jpg

Adam's Brass Quick Disconnect Kit

608.jpg

Adam's Hose Shut-Off Valve

563.jpg

:patriot: Thanks again to all of those who made this happen. Now let's get this shipped!

awesome! you can never have too much of that! i'm sure with an order that large its pretty easy to overlook/double up on some things!!!

he pretty much has everything he needs! that is literally everything with Adam's name on it! if anyone else contributes in time, the only thing i can think of not included is the Master Blaster sidekick!

Edited by 2010TexasEdition

I wish I were closer to see this! For those who would like to addend please just reply and I will start a list for Les.

Just checked the calendar and I'm in! Let's get a decent turn out for this event and to bring together the forum members who made this all possible! Wish you could make it Lynn! I haven't been out in that area since high school but this is a very good reason to go back.

Look forward to meeting you Les and some other great forum members as well!