Customer Service 866.965.0400

Need Bed liner advice quickly

bjoeaull

Getting a spray in liner in the morning. I have it set up to do the whole bed and the top of the bed rails on my 08 black Denali Sierra. I am starting to second guess my choice of on top of the bed rails. I need help deciding, denalis look so clean and classy, will a bedliner on the rails mess with the look? I do like that it will protect it better but I don't want it to look like a work truck. The product I chose is superliner, and is known I guess for holding a shiny like black color for a long time. So I don't worry about it looking faded and chalky really. Please post opinions before the morning!

I went and looked again at the bedrails, there are a few descent scratches and maybe a ding that it would cover up, im getting a few of the dings popped out tomorrow also. I might be able to polish almost all scratches out, but a few might need wetsanding to get looking better. I think it would look cleaner under the rails, but I sure wouldn't have to worry about them if they were lined. Decisions decisions! lol

well it is a super nice truck and would take away from the look of it a bit. My SS came with it over the rail's im not a fan on them but it has saved my bed rails a few time. ill be covering mine up with a bed cover here soon. heres a pic of mine. im not crazy about it but like i said it has saved me a few times.

IMG_8498.jpg

I guess I know it would look better under the rails. Guess I just need to decide if I want to protect them from future use, and to hide any imperfections already there. Keep the opinions coming. A lot of it will depend if I can pop all the dings out on the one bed rail

IMG_0717.jpgIMG_0722.jpg

Looking at the pics Joe, it looks as though in the past you used the truck for work? Items in and out of the bed?

I would say if your still going to use the truck for hauling and things will be in and out of the bed then do the liner, they still look pretty sharp IMO, and you won't half to worry about correcting scratches or pulling dents on a highly supseptible area. If your going strictly for looks, and you don't anticipate more wear and trear, then don't:)

Edit: Just noticed the pics again, I don't think a liner on the rails would have prevented the dents you have now, they look to far over.

the bed liner will most likely still show those dents. it just depends on how thick they spray the line. i sprayed liner for 2 year's. it will cover a small dent but the dents you have are right on the edge of being covered with liner. it might cover it up but it will be close. good luck. you could PDR the first then go from there. personally if you plan on using the bed quite a bit i'd go over the rail. plus being a black truck it wont stick out as bad being over the rail.

Well, this truck was previously my dads, he's probably a little more careless than me. I will use it randomly for very light things, nothing major. So it shouldn't get abused really. But you never know I guess when you own a truck what you will use it for!

Well, just checked on the truck, PDR guy is having some troubles getting those dings out while keeping the paint looking good. Looks like the liner is going on it. Hoping we can keep the liner up high enough to not look too bad. It will atleast look better then it did with all those dings running along it! Thanks for all the input guys!

Cool, thanks for the comments. It will look great I'm sure! And the first time something lands on the rail, I will be glad I got them lined! lol

Its suppose to be done either tomorrow afternoon or weds morning, I'll post the after pics.

Archived