Customer Service 866.965.0400

Any Tips?

liquidred

Question

I just got all my stuff for the PC and my car is in really good shape for the most part. Its a 2008 G8 GT and its bright red. I have very minor swirls in the paint, I tried to take pictures of them and they would not even show up.....I can not seem to get these small swirls out? This is my first time using the PC and I am getting frustrated. I watched the videos countless times and been following everything. Any opinions or tips? Maybe I am just expecting huge results on my first time?

8 answers to this question

First, just know that you'll get it and know that we'll help you get there.

You say you're doing everything exactly as Adam does it in the videos.

Which products/pads did you use? You MAY need to step up to a more aggressive polish like SHR or SSR if you haven't yet.

How many passes with each product? Sometimes it does take multiple attempts and passes.

Are you seeing ANY improvement?

There are plenty of factors and the more you read here and the more you practice, the better you'll get.

I am in Chicago, I called a couple dealers around here and they were no help. Both said they stopped selling Adams Products. I did several passes with the Fine Machine Polish. Tomorrow I will try to step it up with the swirl and haze remover and let you guys know.

Be patient, technique is the most important ingredient. Do you have the ability to take a short video of your polishing technique ? If you can I'm betting someone here will be able to steer you in the right direction :thumbsup:

I worked it for a longer time and I found out that I was not putting enough pressure down. It looks great now but not perfect, since it was my first time I am very impressed with the results. Hopefully before the winter comes I will have my technique down and be able to throw some MSS on it.

Archived