Customer Service 866.965.0400

New Clay in the works?

Guest Gone & Forgotten

Question

Guest Gone & Forgotten

I read earlier this year about the patents for claybars (currently owned by one company I think??) being UP in November of this year (if memory serves me right). I used the SEARCH option here to search for a discussion on this, but didn't find much regarding my question. I haven't been around much lately. Since I sold the Vette and got the truck... eh... then I did a full paint correction on that beast a couple weekends ago - wow... is she slick. Like snot on a doorknob... anyway -

My question :

can anyone at Adam's (Dylan) offer any insight to the clay products (if any) that Adam's may be developing? I've noticed other brands (Griots) selling clay for glass, wheels, paint, your kid, your shoes, your tombstone - just wondering if Adam's is planning to offer the soft, med, hard versions like others are.

When I clayed my truck with a new bar (half bar) - it trashed it pretty quick. So... I'm looking for more clay (we're looking for another Corvette) - but would like to know if I need to just wait for something new that Adam may have on the market (in November?).

Thanks.

:lurk:

11 answers to this question

Guest Gone & Forgotten

Had the wife talked into swapping her 07' Mustang (Rated PG) for a Corvette (we miss the one I traded for my Ram) - so I was ready to order up more stuff from Len (local dealer) - and - well... monkey wrench....

Phone call telling us we're going to Vegas (never been) for Thanksgiving - now we have to save money and blah blah blah...yap yap yap nag nag nag - 'we're gonna win enough money to buy a new Corvette, honey... " ... yeah... that's it. Pffft.

I remember an earlier Thread where Dylan said the patent is scheduled to end at the end of this year.

I have talked with one of the "G" companies customer service reps about their three clays found out they're just different aggressive clays with their Paint clay being the regular old consumer grade of clay, the Wheel clay being the most aggressive and the Glass one in-between.

I'm not scrubbing my wheels with an aggressive clay that has abrasives added, and Adam's Brand of the consumer clay does just fine on my glass.

I remember an earlier Thread where Dylan said the patent is scheduled to end at the end of this year.

I have talked with one of the "G" companies customer service reps about their three clays found out they're just different aggressive clays with their Paint clay being the regular old consumer grade of clay, the Wheel clay being the most aggressive and the Glass one in-between.

I'm not scrubbing my wheels with an aggressive clay that has abrasives added, and Adam's Brand of the consumer clay does just fine on my glass.

I'll stick with what I know best that is Adams, as that is the only detailing products my car has ever seen. I'll keep it that way. I was never happy with the "G" products that I used some time ago.

Guest Gone & Forgotten

Yeah, my point of discussion wasn't "which clay to use", it's 'is Adam's developing any clays at this point, if so, will there be multiple grades of clay for different applications' -

I've never used any other clay. Always used Adam's. We shouldn't have to censor ourselves when speaking about other brands, like Griot's. Everyone here has used, at some point, another brand of car care product, and yet, we're all here for a reason. Adam's provides the best product, customer service and product support, period.

Archived