Customer Service 866.965.0400

1st Detail w/ PC: 2010 Silverado

Z71_Denali

i just got my PC this past week, just in time to do my annual detail on my daily driver, a 2010 Silverado extended cab in Summit White.

Summary:

I honestly don't know how i went a full year and a half of buying Adam's products without owning this polisher! my arms don't feel like jello like they do after hand polishing, and the results turned out great! i split the detail up into 3 days so i wouldn't burn myself out in the 90-100 degree weather. here's how it went...

Day 1:

i took a few before pics to compare when i was finished. its been about 3 weeks since i washed the truck last so it was pretty dirty with some waterspots. the interior still looked good. i detailed the inside a couple weeks ago after getting my master blaster and vac-n-blo 500. all i did on day one was inspect the interior, do the initial wash, clay barred the entire truck, then did a second wash, dried everything, then VRT'd and In&Out'd the trim/tires, and finally used UCS on the wheel wells.

The Before Pics:

all that was need inside was picking up some trash, cleaning the mats when i washed, and dusting the dash.

8ee3d4ab.jpg

c2451a15.jpg

now that i see this pic... i forgot to vacuum :help:

e712662f.jpg

i love this katzkin leather! so soft!!! :drool:

914e5f72.jpg

doesn't look too dirty at this point... White paint ftw!!!

66bb4bf6.jpg

bird $&!+ on the hood!!

ef4eb843.jpg

water spots on all the chrome

a231c798.jpg

1db1597c.jpg

i think i need mud flaps :confused:

6cafc6b8.jpg

tree sap... i dunno how that got there... i never park under a tree!

2c2b4f00.jpg

622817bb.jpg

a3f3a073.jpg

the engine bay was filthy!

7ade5809.jpg

Day 2:

on the second day i just was not in the mood to do much! i was up late the night before brewing beer, and didn't wake up until noon. at that point it was extremely hot out side and i could only keep half the truck in the shade. so all i did was my test panel to see what was going to get the paint about 95% corrected. this is my daily driver, so i wasn't going for perfection. luckily i've been using Adam's on it since day one so the paint was in great shape. it's hard to believe all i did to my test panel was 1 pass of FMP!!! for day to i polished and waxed the front end and driver side doors, as well as the driver's side wheels and side steps.

this was after just one pass of FMP and one coat of MSS!!! :banana:

264cce5e.jpg

fe595759.jpg

acc7e925.jpg

Day 3:

i woke up bright and early this morning to finish up this huge detail! i'm so thankful all i'm having to do is one pass of FMP, or else i would still be out there polishing away as i type! today i polished and waxed the bed, tailgate, roof, and passenger side wheels and side step. here's out it turned out...

The After:

2928269c.jpg

114602f6.jpg

b40c9b08.jpg

:glasses:

17c23695.jpg

29903dab.jpg

bbc935c4.jpg

this is the best reflection i could get on a white vehicle lol :2thumbs:

dd5f267a.jpg

i didn't really feel like wasting any products under the hood... i'll save that step if i ever end up at a car show with it... :loser:

0666f4c9.jpg

Conclusion:

the truck turned out great! i don't know how i still have energy to write all this right now! its been a busy weekend for me! sold my sports car, brewed some beer, and detailed a full size pickup!!! time to go take a nap! i'll see you guys tomorrow! 1.gif

Nice work/truck!!!

I love those leather seats, wish I had the funds to redo my interior. The factor pleather in my truck is getting worn, lol..

thanks everyone!!!

the leather wasn't that expensive. but i gotta say it is WAY softer than the factory leather in my wife's caddy. she'll never admit it but my wife loves the feel of them too, over her car! the local chevy dealership in Midland, where i used to live referred me to the leather shop they send cars to get leather put in. i think retail price for what i got from Katzkin (black leather w/ dove tail grey perforated inserts and stitching) is over $2000 according to their website. i paid $1600 installed.

if you really want it, save up for a few months like i did, see if you can get a good reference from your dealership if they do that kinda stuff, and GIT-R-DONE! :2thumbs:

Turned out real nice. You should tackle the engine compartment and get it nice and clean and then each week all you have to do is use some detail spray and looks brand new again. I detail my engine compartment every week.

My car has 98,000 miles on it and this is what it looks like when you pop the hood.

utf-8BV2VzdCBCZXhhci0yMDExMDMwNS0wMDAzNy5qcGc.jpg

Turned out real nice. You should tackle the engine compartment and get it nice and clean and then each week all you have to do is use some detail spray and looks brand new again. I detail my engine compartment every week.

My car has 98,000 miles on it and this is what it looks like when you pop the hood.

utf-8BV2VzdCBCZXhhci0yMDExMDMwNS0wMDAzNy5qcGc.jpg

that's a slick engine bay for nearly 100,000 miles!

Love the interior :2thumbs: Wherr can i get a set?

call your dealership and ask them where they send there cars to get leather installed. thats what i did, and i told the shop i "just bought the truck, and opted to bring it to them after the sale and pay cash for it" and they gave me the dealer's discount

a couple days later, and the paint still looks remarkable! i'll use some WW on friday before i lay a slab of BG and APW over the MSS, and i'll post some after pics of that

I hate you for rubbing it in that your nice white truck still looks good after days! :lolsmack: my black car looked good for 15 minutes :jester:

Great detail man! And I love the white emblems, nice touch!

thanks! i need to either re-do them or buy a set of those black ones and have them professionally sprayed. i was impatient and cheap and used rattle can paint/clear w/o adhesion promotor or primer and the bugs are making some nice chips i have to touch up. and the touch up paint looks awkward on the spray paint up close... but i agree, they do look good from a 5 feet away :loser:

Archived