Customer Service 866.965.0400

APC Dillution

07RS4

Question

Need the experts on this one....

Ok. So like must of you, I have my vehicles I want to "winterize" and do my full corrections, sealants, etc. before the "harsher" months come here in Nor Cal. Well the PC kit should be on the way shortly and I'm getting my game plan together.

I'm not keen on the dawn wash to clean and remove everything, the IPA I use on occasion for a quick strip and re-apply of wax on focus areas. But, I really want to use a dilluted APC to throw in the foam gun and strip everything that way. It will clean completely take care of the seals for me, bugs, wax, past sealants, etc that have built up. Does anyone know of a dillution chart for the Adam's APC? What would be a good dillution for paint/clear?

I really would like to see a dillution table for the Adam's APC like many of the other brands. Here is an example from an unnamed brand that I also use on occasion. Has something like this ever been brought up before? I would use the APC alot more often than I do, but I'm not sure what to cut it at. I currently use 25 (1:3),50 (1:1),75 (3:1) and full strength bottles. But they really don't get alot of use because I'm sure of what to use them on. Sorry about the long post......

BELOW IS AN EXAMPLE, THATS ALL :

<TABLE style="BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" id=AutoNumber1 border=0 cellSpacing=0 borderColor=#111111 cellPadding=0 width=453 align=center><TBODY><TR><TD width=306>Area of Use</TD><TD width=144>Possible Dilution</TD></TR><TR><TD width=306>Remove acrylic sealants</TD><TD width=144>1:4</TD></TR><TR><TD width=306>Car carpets as shampoo</TD><TD width=144>1:30</TD></TR><TR><TD width=306>as spot treatment</TD><TD width=144>1:5</TD></TR><TR><TD width=306>Manual glass cleaning (not washer fluid additive)</TD><TD width=144>1:5</TD></TR><TR><TD width=306>Bug and tar remover</TD><TD width=144>1:5</TD></TR><TR><TD width=306>Engine cleaning (not for bare aluminum)</TD><TD width=144>1:3 to 1:10</TD></TR><TR><TD width=306>Plastics (not Plexiglas or clear acrylic)</TD><TD width=144>1:10 to 1:30</TD></TR><TR><TD width=306>Painted and enamel surfaces</TD><TD width=144>1:10 to 1:30</TD></TR><TR><TD width=306>Chromium</TD><TD width=144>1:10</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

3 answers to this question

Adam's APC is made to be used at full strength. That being said, I arely use it at full strength. I have extra bottles at 1:1 (I use this one the most) and a bottle at 4:1.

I will let Dylan chime in on the foam gun dilution, as I have not used that formula.

I would like to know if there is an answer to this as well. The APC's I have used are safe at full strength, but are still considered strong at up to 1:10 dilution. Can the Adam's APC be effective diluted as well?

I really would like to see a dillution table for the Adam's APC like many of the other brands. Here is an example from an unnamed brand that I also use on occasion. Has something like this ever been brought up before? I would use the APC alot more often than I do, but I'm not sure what to cut it at. I currently use 25 (1:3),50 (1:1),75 (3:1) and full strength bottles. But they really don't get alot of use because I'm sure of what to use them on. Sorry about the long post......

BELOW IS AN EXAMPLE, THATS ALL :

<TABLE style="BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" id=AutoNumber1 border=0 cellSpacing=0 borderColor=#111111 cellPadding=0 width=453 align=center><TBODY><TR><TD width=306>Area of Use</TD><TD width=144>Possible Dilution</TD></TR><TR><TD width=306>Remove acrylic sealants</TD><TD width=144>1:4</TD></TR><TR><TD width=306>Car carpets as shampoo</TD><TD width=144>1:30</TD></TR><TR><TD width=306>as spot treatment</TD><TD width=144>1:5</TD></TR><TR><TD width=306>Manual glass cleaning (not washer fluid additive)</TD><TD width=144>1:5</TD></TR><TR><TD width=306>Bug and tar remover</TD><TD width=144>1:5</TD></TR><TR><TD width=306>Engine cleaning (not for bare aluminum)</TD><TD width=144>1:3 to 1:10</TD></TR><TR><TD width=306>Plastics (not Plexiglas or clear acrylic)</TD><TD width=144>1:10 to 1:30</TD></TR><TR><TD width=306>Painted and enamel surfaces</TD><TD width=144>1:10 to 1:30</TD></TR><TR><TD width=306>Chromium</TD><TD width=144>1:10</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Archived