Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adam's HELP!!! PC BROKE!

oneslowGTO

Question

I'm in the process of polishing a 2003 Nissan 350Z. Was using the PC on the hood with Fine Machine Polish and the part that holds the pad on the PC broke while spinning and smurfed up a bit of paint as the pad just flew off!!!!

The paint is smurfed! But is there any way to fix my PC so I can finish the job, or am I going to have to buy a new one? :( This one has not had much use and needless to say i'm a little pissed!!

Good thing it wasn't on my car, but i'm not going to have a very happy customer. :help:

20110918162034250.jpg

20110918161939848.jpg

20110918162047202.jpg

20110918161920440.jpg

17 answers to this question

Ouch! Thats no good.

In this situation I don't think you'd want a "quick fix" - you need the tool to be in proper operating condition so really you need to have it repaired or replaced before proceeding.

Porter Cable has a network of places you can take the tool to or ship it to be fixed. Porter-Cable

Alright, Thanks Dylan! I guess I will just have to tell the customer his vehicle will have to be put on hold.

Anyone have a PC to sell me, or a used Flex?? Don't feel like dropping a lot of money on a new Flex at the moment.

If it was purchased through Adam's, contact them and they will set you right. If not, contact the original dealer, or if it is older you may need to look for an authorized repair facility in your area - Porter-Cable

Will do! Thanks

You mean the backing plate?

Adam's Improved DA Velcro Backing Plate

No sir

Can you take a pic of what broke?

Pics added.

okay, who LIKED this? LOL Cruel man, just cruel.

The PC has a 3 year warranty I believe.

Someone here may be able to help you expedite a replacement or hook you up with a more direct line to contact Porter Cable with the problem. Don't try taking the unit apart and fixing it yourself - warranty will surely be voided.

If you're stuck buying another - just get the Flex.

Sorry to see the damage to your paint man... ouch. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. (okay, not funny... I know).

Don't want to spend $300+ on a Flex.

I see a 5" counter weight, while using a 6.5 inch pad.

Tisk tisk.

Uh Oh!! :lolsmack:

thats what we all use

I sure hope so....it's what came with it!

You need to contact a tool supply company as some of them offer a repair service. They are usually dealers of some type.

No quick fix so I can finish the job? :help:

Guest Gone & Forgotten

okay, who LIKED this? LOL Cruel man, just cruel.

The PC has a 3 year warranty I believe.

Someone here may be able to help you expedite a replacement or hook you up with a more direct line to contact Porter Cable with the problem. Don't try taking the unit apart and fixing it yourself - warranty will surely be voided.

If you're stuck buying another - just get the Flex.

Sorry to see the damage to your paint man... ouch. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. (okay, not funny... I know).

Archived