Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adam's Quick Disconnect Kit question

Brian123

Question

I just ordered the quick disconnect kit, along with the daily special and shut-off valve. I plan to use the quick disconnect to go from a fire hose head and a pressure washer.

Though, I may of over thought the quick disconnect. I added an additional female coupler with plans to use on the outside faucet head to quickly remove the hose for safe storage. Essentially, I'd be using two quick disconnects on a single hose, to connect it to the water source and to the tools.

The question: Will that restrict the water too much, using two?

Also, while I'm here, might as well ask: Are there any good hoses I should get at OSH, Home Depot or Lowes?

5 answers to this question

Nope! They're pretty darn big! Two shut offs however WOULD restrict it some.

Sears, HD, or Lowes. Make sure they're USA made and kink free and have billet ends instead of the sheet metal ends.

Rubber is great in the cold but kinks easier than vinyl.

Nope! They're pretty darn big! Two shut offs however WOULD restrict it some.

Sears, HD, or Lowes. Make sure they're USA made and kink free and have billet ends instead of the sheet metal ends.

Rubber is great in the cold but kinks easier than vinyl.

Yep, only one shut off valve. I was happy to pay more for one to have better flow and material compared to cheap ones at stores. It will be very handy because the outside water faucet has no knob where I'm renting. I have to use pliers to shut the water off.

Thanks for the hose tips. Every hose I found around my place leaked like crazy, sometimes enough to mess up the pressure washer.

Archived