Customer Service 866.965.0400

Question about Adams products

FINISHING TOUCH

I hope this the right place to post this? I was wondering does any of the Adams products have silicone in them like swirl and haze remover , glaze polish ,or American wax etc.

Yes and no... Adam or Dylan can hit on that better than I can.

The sealants and waxes and other products do not have silicone in them, but the polishes are not body shop safe from what Adam said a while back. While there's not exactly silicone in them, there are derivatives of silicones. Like I said, Adam and Dylan would be better at explaining.

Under carriage spray is silicone.

I hope this the right place to post this? I was wondering does any of the Adams products have silicone in them like swirl and haze remover , glaze polish ,or American wax etc.

Swirl & Haze specifically contains zero silicones, neither does SSR.

Are you concerned about them from a body shop standpoint or just curious? Its hard to make a blanket statement as it pertains to silicones as some products do and others don't, but theres also the consideration of TYPES of silicone used, etc. You can pretty much count on the fact that anything synthetic will contain a silicone of some sort in it as many polymers fall into that category.

I am having some paint work done, and I asked Adam if it was going to be an issue with polishes or waxes, if I needed to strip the finish. He said there won't be any problems, and any wax will be gone with how they prep the paint. (I didn't wax that part anyway).

I just heard if a product has silicone in it just covers up the scratches and evaporates with in a mouth. Couldn't believe how well the swirl & haze remover work and the American wax.

You've heard wrong. For example... Brilliant Glaze doesn't contain any type of silicones yet it fills beautifully. Undercarriage Spray contains tons of silicone, but I promise you if you put it on your paint it won't hide the scratches.

You've heard wrong. For example... Brilliant Glaze doesn't contain any type of silicone's yet it fills beautifully. Undercarriage Spray contains tons of silicone, but I promise you if you put it on your paint it won't hide the scratches.

Dylan just checking because the product I used before M****** won't mention any names. After I would use there 3 step process the car would look great!!! But after a couple of washes the scratches would be back. I can't have that at Finishing Touch Detail my reputation is on the line. So I will be using ADAM'S products. Sorry for all the question but if I'm going to be using your product. I need to know about it and how it was made so I can tell the customer about the product.That I'll be uses on there car in case they ask.

Gotcha. There are tons of products on the market designed to fill and hide imperfections. Typically they're glazes (as mentioned earlier our Glaze has filling properties by design)

A good polish on the other hand will not have filling properties.

Any other questions come up feel free to ask.

Body shops don't like Silicons because they are very difficult to get off paint and can ruin a paint job. They tend to float in the air and contaminate paint quickly. They are often blamed for fisheying paint.

If you are polishing your paint, then seeing swirls after a few washes, you might want to critique your washing technique. Majority of swirls are created by the wash process, using poor technique.

Archived