Customer Service 866.965.0400

Swirl & haze remover

FINISHING TOUCH

Perhaps too much product then... if you were adding an X each time you may have overly saturated the pad with product. Next time, if you start to see the same issue, stop, reprime the pad using Detail Spray only, and resume.

:iagree: You dont need to reapply product every pannel...I normally apply SHR to do one pannel, then for the next 2 I spritz the pad with DS

Yep they are all right, and if you don't intend in doing cars everyday with the PC, check out junkman’s section on this form.. He will help you take the PC to the next level.. On the last two cars I did with the PC, I used only three pea size drops per one to two panels! Never gunked up once, and lot of Detail spray

!:D

Another way you can see that you are using too much product is that the grooves in the pad start to get shallow - that's the product building up in the pad. Plus the pad will start throwing little chunks of product out on the finish. 3 pea sized drops per 2x2' area is plenty, and if you want to work an adjacent area, use a spritz of detail spray on the pad, and then do it. I alternate polish and a spray of DS and that seems to work well. It sounds odd, but just a little polish on the pad works better than more polish on the pad- the pad does some of the work. Ask me how I know :o. Very common error, easily corrected by using less polish!

If the pad is clogging up, hold off on the SHR, and just use a spray of DS on the pad and then work your 2x2 area. You will see that with just a spray of DS on the clogged pad, the finish will show a milky polish, which will then go clear, like normal. Continue on this way, and each area will get corrected and the pad will slowly unload the polish. A bottle of polish should get you through many polishing sessions.

Archived