Customer Service 866.965.0400

quick q's about finishing up my z polishing

mrmsmop

Question

a couple quick q's and someting good i found out

this car had alot swirls when i bought it. the dealer supposedly put a sealant on it and worked on the swirls twice. once when i bought it and a second time when i took it back to be redone. still had swirls. they blamed it on factory paint saying i wouldnt get them out unless i payed for an expensive mirror blackpaint job well i now have that after 6 days of polishing wit the pc. so my questios are.

1. i washed this car twice and swirled it worse yes i used the 2 bucket wash the second time i blew dried most of the water off before drying with the great white towel i think that was my big mistake maybe using the towel on a to dry surface.should i keep alot of detailspray on car before wiping down.

2.if i put 2 coats of sealant and americana on it will the 2 coats of sealant help me prevent the swirls any more than 1 coat?

3. do i have to wait 24 hours before putting on second coat of machine superwax.

4 one good thing. i read on here on another post that you cant use the porter on plastic type door post, mine were so bad i decided to try it anyways being i had nothing to lose was going to replace them. i used the white pad that i had just used on a door panel. i squirted the pad three times with detail spray to make it real runny and revive a little polish, porter cable on three with absolutly no pressure for about 20 seconds, walla... perfect. so it worked for me

5 answers to this question

a couple quick q's and someting good i found out

this car had alot swirls when i bought it. the dealer supposedly put a sealant on it and worked on the swirls twice. once when i bought it and a second time when i took it back to be redone. still had swirls. they blamed it on factory paint saying i wouldnt get them out unless i payed for an expensive mirror blackpaint job well i now have that after 6 days of polishing wit the pc. so my questios are.

1. i washed this car twice and swirled it worse yes i used the 2 bucket wash the second time i blew dried most of the water off before drying with the great white towel i think that was my big mistake maybe using the towel on a to dry surface.should i keep alot of detailspray on car before wiping down.

2.if i put 2 coats of sealant and americana on it will the 2 coats of sealant help me prevent the swirls any more than 1 coat?

3. do i have to wait 24 hours before putting on second coat of machine superwax.

4 one good thing. i read on here on another post that you cant use the porter on plastic type door post, mine were so bad i decided to try it anyways being i had nothing to lose was going to replace them. i used the white pad that i had just used on a door panel. i squirted the pad three times with detail spray to make it real runny and revive a little polish, porter cable on three with absolutly no pressure for about 20 seconds, walla... perfect. so it worked for me

Yes use DS before wiping down.

I can't say that 2 coats of MSS will keep from getting swirls.

Yes I would wait at least 24 hr.:thumbsup:

It's possible that YOU didn't add the swirls, but removed the products the dealer applied that filled (covered up) some of the swirls.

I'd suspect you removed a glazing product that the dealer put down to hide the swirls more than you introduced new ones.

As far as doubling up on the MSS to prevent swirls, you're taking the wrong approach. To prevent swirls you should look closely at your wash/dry routine and how you'll be doing day to day upkeep to minimize the chances.

Sealant/wax protection is only a small amount of insurance, the much bigger part of the deal is prevention.

Archived