Customer Service 866.965.0400

I Own the Night Light (I Like to Boogie)!

Junkman2008

Ha, ha! A play on the old Alicia Bridges disco song from the 70's. I am testing my ability to upload my next series of detailing videos in hi-def. Stay tuned!

Nothing detail related here, just showing how much light output I have on my bike when I ride at night. On the front of the bike, I have a Niterider MiNewt.600 Cordless putting out 600 lumens. It has a wider flood type output when compared to my helmet light.

On my helmet, I have a Serfas True 500 putting out 500 lumens. It has more of a focal beam which makes it appear to be brighter than my bike light.

My taillight is a Serfas TL-200 Taillight. If you look directly into this thing, it will blind you momentarily! Because of the angle in the video, it doesn't look as bright but trust me, this thing is bright.

If this video uploads in hi-def, then my next detailing series of videos will be uploaded the same way. I just want to make sure that this will work due to the amount of time that it takes to upload files to You Tube. This tiny video here took 1 hour to upload!

Here are the bike and helmet lights that I am using.

bike_light.jpg

Here's the video...

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-m5TmHX5kk?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-m5TmHX5kk?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

Thanks Mr. Junkman. A junkette riding on the handlebars would have been a nice touch. Isn't the helmet light a little over the top, riding in the city? Not like a deer is going to jump out in front of you.

Also, a little background music would be great to add.....maybe the soundtrack from E.T.???;)

Dang...your blinding me!! blind.gif

I am surprised that you don't have reflective tape all over it. :jester:

Your lighting system seems very safe for the other people to watch out for oncoming lights and flashers. hiding-smiley.gif

smiley_bike.gif

Naw I'm not blinding anyone! I have my helmet light set where I have to hold my head up kinda high to shine into another car. I will do that to get there attention when they decide to run a light and pull out in front of me. It really gets their attention. They think that I am the "poe-poe". :D

Dang gurl' date=' you have an smiley for everything! lol!

Thanks Mr. Junkman. A junkette riding on the handlebars would have been a nice touch. Isn't the helmet light a little over the top, riding in the city? Not like a deer is going to jump out in front of you.

Also, a little background music would be great to add.....maybe the soundtrack from E.T.???;)

No such thing as overkill on a bike. If people constantly run into motorcycles, bicyclist need all the advantage they can get, especially in the city. ;)

No such thing as overkill on a bike. If people constantly run into motorcycles, bicyclist need all the advantage they can get, especially in the city. ;)

I was also seeing the helmet light as being advantageous for if you need to see something on your left or right side, you don't have to turn your bike that direction. You can simply rotate your head that direction to see.

I was also seeing the helmet light as being advantageous for if you need to see something on your left or right side, you don't have to turn your bike that direction. You can simply rotate your head that direction to see.

I agree. Plus, you get a real good view of the faces on people who were about to do something stupid. Like cut you off. :D

I agree. Plus, you get a real good view of the faces on people who were about to do something stupid. Like cut you off. :D

Haha, that was my thinking exactly! Seriously AJ, those lights look great and should make it a lot easier to ride safer (more safely?). Anyway just keep watching out for the inattentive 4-wheel pilots! :D

Archived