Customer Service 866.965.0400

Question about Lettering??

Titantruckguy

Question

10 answers to this question

Sub'd Im curious how to proceed on my work van also, its black with vinyl logos on it. Lots of lettering to go around, not just one big piece i don't want to spend a lot of time on it, so hoping a quick polish if that, and then a sealant or wax. I wish the spray sealant was ready cause I think that would be clutch in my case!

NOOOO! get close to them but DO NOT GO OVER IT, Not only will you run the risk of peeling up the edges but vinyl is so soft you will "marr" it.

Also, some vinyl lettering will take wax well and others will not, infact it can cloud it up and be permanent. When i had my van lettered i asked for scrap so i could try it. I have two colors, the solid was fine but the metallic gold clouded immediately (3M Lettering).

Best to stay away from it, Ive had 3 vehicles lettered and each one has acted differently to wax. I learned on my first lettered vehicle the hard way. I took a PC to it (it wasnt adams at the time) and it peeled up immediately and in the areas that it didn't it was severely marred. And the product would be the equivalent to FMP

I was just going over cheap lettering like for company name address and dot number the standard stuff on truck doors, not sure if I would try it on the nicer ones on some cars and trucks! I would think doing it by hand would be less chance of damage just pay extra close attention to the edges and go slow and you may have to go over some areas twice!! I think if I'm not mistaken Dylan or someone else had a thread about how to maintain stripes and lettering! hope that helps.

Archived