Customer Service 866.965.0400

'99 Accord Interior Detail

07RS4

Question

So I decided to take on the DD's interior yesterday. The interior was beginning to smell a little stail, and has really never had a complete carpet clean, and plastic strip down and re-condition. I started about 4 pm, after fiishing up with all the family stuff, and I finished up about Midnight. Here was the process....and to make it all easier, I decided to yank the seats out.

1. Yanked drivers and passenger front seats along with the floor mats.

2.. Cleaned all plastic with 50/50 Leather and Interior Cleaner. I worked the cleaner with the interior brush and applicator. I used a clean hot water bucket along with the black utility MF to rinse the cleaner off. I did 2 passes to remove the dirt, debris and cleaner. The bucket was black by the time I got done. Please remember to rinse the cleaner with a damp MF when done!

3. Vacuumed floor mats and interior.

4. Scrubbed seats, floor mats and interior with carpet and upholstery cleaner, worked with the brush and removed it all with the Little Green Auto Version. I turned up the hot water heater a few hours prior to ensure the water was hot! Went through about 10 buckets of hot water, and the recovery tank was black every time.

5. Conditioned all the cheap plastic....by leaning in and not getting on the wet carpet. I should have conditioned the plastic first.:lol:

6. Dried the interior with some fans and let sit overnight.

Here are some random pics. I HATE taking pictures in the heat of battle, but I tried my best;)

Before:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

Afters:

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

This bucket is from the rear seat...just the back rest:

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

Half and half on dash

27.jpg

Drying

28.jpg

29.jpg

Today I was attacked the outside, more pics to come!

Thanks for looking.

8 answers to this question

Looks real good man. What steam cleaner is that? I need to pick one up

http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/interior-cleaning-detailing/13425.htm

Matt, Check out the link above. I don't know how they get away with calling it a steam cleaner to be honest. It only raises the water temp like 15 degrees. Your best bet is to put the hottest water you can get in there, that's why I turned my hot water heater up:)

Edit: I was wrong, I don't think they claim it's a steam cleaner. I thought I read that.

There are 3 options, 1 @ $89, and 2 @ $99.

Get the auto version....it comes with the cervis tool, and looks better:). I mean who doesn't like black?

Thanks for the comments guys/girls.

Nice job! What brand floor do you have?

I got it from lock tile USA. I used a table saw to trim all the outside pieces so it fit perfect. Although you have to leave about a 1/2 inch around the border because in extreme heat or direct sunlight it will expand and rise a little:(. Ask me how I know, haha.

They have a sealer you can put over it, but that makes me extremely nervous....because if that ever peels....nightmare!

What's nice if you ever damage a tile, you can swap them out in about a minute:banana:

Archived