Customer Service 866.965.0400

Senators want to ban Tobacco use in WS

ArmyAcadia09

Senators push for tobacco ban on players during World Series – This Just In - CNN.com Blogs

Really? Shouldnt they be focusing on other things? Like jobs? economy? etc? :confused:

Yes, they should. They just sent a bill up to ban MMA also.....

Wisconsin proposes bill to outlaw MMA - MMA News

"Almost 240,000 people within Wisconsin are unemployed, the state budget deficit is thought to be nearing $4 billion, and the amount of protests seem to be at an all-time high. But instead of focusing on the state’s pressing issues Representatives Patricia Strachota and Mark Honadel and Senator Glenn Grothman have chosen to focus on outlawing mixed martial arts.

Proposed as Assembly Bill 308, Representative Strachota and company seek to lessen the freedom of promoters and give local town officials throughout the state the power to ban all mixed martial arts events.

The passing of AB-308 would allow for any individual town within Wisconsin the authorization to enact and enforce an ordinance prohibiting any person from participating in, operating, maintaining, attending or promoting any form of MMA event."

are you f'in kidding me? There has only been a handful of MMA deaths since it's inception (20+ years ago)...and all have been because they were not sanctioned and no cage side docs. I say put the Senators in the cage and if they come out alive...the bill gets passed:)

Let's ban driving a car, hang gliding, extreme sports, etc.

NFL - Guys can barely walk 20 yrs down the line. But that's OK because it's $$$ and it's maintstream.

Boxing - Well, talk to a boxer after he's retired and let me know if you can understand him.

There are plenty of examples...but welcome to the woosification of America.

I love John McCain...but damn old man, let it go. He's had a thing for MMA since UFC 1, and I can't figuire out why.

Senators push for tobacco ban on players during World Series – This Just In - CNN.com Blogs

Really? Shouldnt they be focusing on other things? Like jobs? economy? etc? :confused:

I agree... its a waste of taxpayer money and government time, but what else is new? Did the grand jury need to investigate steroid use? No... and if they hadn't we wouldn't be spending money to try Clemens, Bonds, and others for perjury as they wouldn't have appeared before congress in the first place.

Would it be nice if MLB stepped in and said "hey guys... lets not chew on camera. It glorifies a bad and potentially dangerous habit for impressionable kids" or at the very least discourage its use, but our government can't even balance the damn books, why the hell are they sticking their noses into what guys on a baseball field chew?

I agree... its a waste of taxpayer money and government time, but what else is new? Did the grand jury need to investigate steroid use? No... and if they hadn't we wouldn't be spending money to try Clemens, Bonds, and others for perjury as they wouldn't have appeared before congress in the first place.

Would it be nice if MLB stepped in and said "hey guys... lets not chew on camera. It glorifies a bad and potentially dangerous habit for impressionable kids" or at the very least discourage its use, but our government can't even balance the damn books, why the hell are they sticking their noses into what guys on a baseball field chew?

They did that back in the 90's with the attempt to keep the Chaw off camera. It's part of the game. Highly addictive, and really? The day before the Series starts?

Good luck with that in your tassled loafers, idiots.

Yea, pretty stupid how they stick their noses where they dont really belong. one day we'll get some congressmen/women that actually care about doing their job the right way.

Only when elected officials promise to care about the country and not their own self-serving agendas. ALL of them.

I am kind of liking Dave's cage match idea. Perhaps all political arguemnts need to solved Thunder Dome-style. Two senators enter, one senator leaves. Congressman Master Blaster.

So if anyone ever dies doing anything dangerous the sport should be banned? Take away NASCAR and there will be civil war.

Archived