Customer Service 866.965.0400

iTunes clean up?

MAYBEN

Well, my music collection is pretty unorganized in iTunes.. there are files in iTunes that no longer work, duplicate files, etc..

Any suggestions on an easy fix? I've briefly read that there are some free programs that will help, anyone have any experience with any?

thanks!

i have the tune up program for itunes. it works okay for me. it added a lot of album covers that i didn't have, but it has gotten the names of the songs and singers wrong a couple of times. no big deal. also, it added a few songs out of nowhere which is really weird. i don't think it got rid of the duplicates though.

• 4 months later...
One of the things about duplicates, maybe the songs are the same name, but not the same version of the song. Was just looking at this very thing today... :)

:iagree: also they may be the same song off a different album and if you delete it than you no longer have the complete album

On my macs I use Tagalicious to clean-up all of my metadata in iTunes. It works pretty well. There is some manual clean-up needed after it due to it not matching songs correctly due to stuff like it appearing on an album and greatest hits types of situations. Once you have your metadata set correctly finding duplicates is pretty easy.

Archived