Customer Service 866.965.0400

Winter Products

musclejunkie

Question

What do you guys and gals use most of in the winter months and what would you like to see offered?

I use Adam's car shampoo and DS religiously along with the Blaster if I get some frozen areas before drying. I would love to see a liquid wax or sealant we could use for cold temperature applications. THAT would be cool!:banana:

13 answers to this question

I find that I use the entire product line. Usually wash anytime during the day, in shorts and a t-shirt. Then I open my garage, turn on the fans and the radio and enjoy an afternoon with tunes and cornucopia of Adam's scents trailing on the light breeze.

Oh....you meant where people get REAL winters.....:lol:

I find that I use the entire product line. Usually wash anytime during the day, in shorts and a t-shirt. Then I open my garage, turn on the fans and the radio and enjoy an afternoon with tunes and cornucopia of Adam's scents trailing on the light breeze.

Oh....you meant where people get REAL winters.....:lol:

Heehee! :iagree:

Until this winter I'd go with two coats of Meguiar's NXT 2.0. Then during the winter I would occasionally take it the the spray it yourself place just to keep the salt coating down below an inch.

This winter I'm going with two coats of MSW topped with one coat of Americana in combo with the usual frequent spray downs. When we get a sunny warmish (25+) day I'll run the hose out from the laundry room and give her a two bucket wash followed by Detail Spray. I mix the hot and cold water until I get it in the low 90s and then make a ton of water vapor clouds whilst cleaning the DDs. That is a sight to see!:D

A tip for fellow northerners: put a flat lawn sprinkler on in the driveway and drive back and forth over it. This rinses a lot of salt off and gives the neighbors something to gossip about. Trust me on this one. ;)

I also sometimes go out for garage time and clean the car with ONR. Looking forward to the day Adam's sells a no rinse cleaning agent.

2.00 in the coin op for rinse. Warm water transported to the coin op in my Adams sealed lid bucket with car wash shampoo mixed at home, then another 2.00 for the rinse, Then I dry it with detail spray quickly including the door jams before it freezes! I do this in 10 deg weather.I wash my cars just about every week regardless of conditions. I hate a dirty car and this is all I can do in western Pa weather and no garage. My neighbors are curious how I keep my cars so clean year around. I enjoy it actually!

Usually after the first frost I give up on what my truck looks like and dont worry about buffing or anything. I mean its winter just protect it from the salt with some MSS. Whenever I was mine in the winter I go to the Touchless Carwash to get the salt off the bottom and then I go to the Fire Department and rewash it in the heat and let it sit and dry with the doors open.

A tip for fellow northerners: put a flat lawn sprinkler on in the driveway and drive back and forth over it. This rinses a lot of salt off and gives the neighbors something to gossip about. Trust me on this one. ;)

I do that and my neighbors do not gossip, they followed.

Archived