Customer Service 866.965.0400

curing time for the MSS/MSW

rha600

Question

For some reason, I always forget that this stuff has a really long curing time.

I did 1/2 to 3/4 of the truck yesterday after work before I ran out of sunlight, but I only gave it maybe 10 minutes before wiping it off.

I am going to finish the truck today or tomorrow morning so I can always go back and re do the hood and passenger side giving it more time to cure, but it got me wondering, what the drawbacks were.

By wiping it off early am I just shortening the length of time it's going to last or will it be completely worthless all together?

8 answers to this question

Well, there is the initial time after application, and there is curing time.

Initial application time is (if memory serves) about 30 minutes before wipe off.

After the wipeoff, the cure happens over the next 12 hours or so, depending on temperature and humidity. Check the back of the MSS/MSW bottle.

Not sure how a 10 minute dwell time will affect the product. I would suspect less durability, but I have no information on this. Dylan??

If you are not sure, you can put on a 2nd layer over the 1st layer, let it sit on there 30 minutes, then wipe off. Remember, a thin coat is good with MSS.

Adam's Machine Super Sealant goes on like a dream with Adam's PC Waxing Pad. Simply apply small dab at a time with your dual-action polisher set to low speed. Allow to Adam's Machine Super Sealant to haze, then buff off to a radiant shine with Adam's Super Plush Microfiber Towels. Wow, what a shine!

Wait 12hrs. then re-wipe!:2thumbs:

I put it on with the PC on 2-3 and then mostly because I always forget but also because I was running out of light, it only sat for 10 minutes so yeah, I will just hit those parts again today or tomorrow when I finish the truck.

Thanks guys.

I'd suggest stripping and starting over b/c you likely have partially cured sealant on there. Another coat over the top may fix it, but it also might just make it uneveny/hazy.

20-30 minutes is minimum cure time for it to work as designed, then you may see a secondary hazing 12-24 hours later... thats why we suggest no layering until after that period.

cool, I'll just do that on Saturday. I'll hit it again with the FMP all over and then let it cure for the proper time.

I've never had it haze up after the 12-24 period. Just out of curiosity, if it does what do you do to correct that?

So, after all this, I go out to the truck after work and the tree I was partially parted under decided to pee sap all over the truck. In a wierd way, it's like it misted the sap and the wind blew it because it was just a lot of very fine pin head drops.

So, I clayed the truck last night when I got home and then this morning I started over with some SHR (decided to try to get out a few little scratches)and then back to the FMP and finally the sealer. This time I let it cure for almost an hour while I did the leather on the inside of the GF's Benz. The dogs sit in the back seat and they like to stand their front paws on the light grey arm rests in order to watch out the window.

So now the paint is nicely protected.

Archived