Customer Service 866.965.0400

qustion about new pain

mrmsmop

Question

12 answers to this question

I would say wait 90 days for the paint to finish out gassing before putting any wax or sealant over it.

I would only wash it,and delay on the PC work until after 90 days, but that's my opinion. Maybe Dylan or someone else more paint knowledgeable will chime in. I am in the same situation minus the visible holograms :-). My paint work was down low so if there is anything there, I can't easily see it.

Yeah, I would lean towards 90 days, especially if it is a bit cooler climate. You are up near Mt. Shasta, right? With as cool as it is now where you are (nights at 42, days maybe 70), definitely wait the full 90 days. If it were hot and dry, maybe down in the desert, you might be able to try it at less time (the heat should help the outgassing) but now, I would be patient (as difficult as that is).

Just had my bumper repaired and complete respray and clear coat. The body shop said wait 30 days before doing anything other than washing it. I'll prob wait more than that before putting the MSS on for the winter. The rest of the car is done but the bumper will have to wait. No need rushing it.

Wait 60 days. 60 is safe for any paint. Waiting 90 is better, but it won't hurt anything to only wait 60. Also, as I understand it, polishing is fine as long as you get all of the polish off afterward. The problem is with sealing the paint so the chemicals cannot escape while it cures.

Todays paint can be washed and waxed in a few days after painting. I have done it before with no problems.

Not all paints. Only water-based new age stuff like you get on BMWs does that. You go to a bodyshop and get your car sprayed with PPG or something, and you still have to wait.

just had an area painted on car. is 30 days cure time good before applying wax and sealant? also can i wash it or and can i polish with the pc or do i need to wait 30 days to get the holograms out?

Oh yah...90 days.....for sure! !

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Archived