Customer Service 866.965.0400

winterizing my street cars?

smokemeister25

Question

was wondering about if what i'm gonna do is OK...

i have a fairly new car that i claybarred the hood and trunk and used swirl and haze, machine polish and then the sealant on. had some swirls that showed from the dealer. the sides don't show them and i was just gonna glaze it and use some wax after instead of going through the whole procedure.

i can always go back and S&H it next year if i want, but i keep the car outside and live where there's snow and crud and want to get some protection on it and am running out of time. if i start from the beginning later it just takes off the wax and doesn't hurt to PC the sealant on does it?

any advice? just trying to beat the weather and it's now almost november and i have 4 other cars to do....

thanks

les

3 answers to this question

i can always go back and S&H it next year if i want, but i keep the car outside and live where there's snow and crud and want to get some protection on it and am running out of time. if i start from the beginning later it just takes off the wax and doesn't hurt to PC the sealant on does it?

any advice? just trying to beat the weather and it's now almost november and i have 4 other cars to do....

thanks

les

I think you are ok on the one car. When you are ready to do more correction, the Dawn wash or IPA wipedown will remove any protection that is on it, wax and/or sealant.

For the other cars, I would say just Dawn wash them and apply MSS.

I just did my truck a few days ago. It sits outside all winter and needs to have the snow pulled off every time it snows. I decided that I could take the swirls out that it had now, but I know its going to be worse in the spring. So what I did was give it a real good wash and dried with Detail Spray. Cleaned the wheels and underside well. Then I put a coat of BG on so it would have some pop and then a coat of Americana. Then went over all the plastic with SVRT. I will put another coat of Americana on in a few weeks.

In the spring I will do another full detail and get all the winter marks out of it.

Archived