Customer Service 866.965.0400

removing fine fine swirls outta chrome wheels?

bagged00

Question

is this possible? just bought some used wheels and they have little tiny swirls in em. i tried some FMP on a MF towel but nothing. i tried mp1 and mp2 and nothing. heres best pics i could get.

6285091918_e2535132ba.jpg

DSC_0870 by ryanthorsen1, on Flickr

6285091918_e2535132ba.jpg

DSC_0870 by ryanthorsen1, on Flickr

6284565261_c52b2e3897.jpg

DSC_0869 by ryanthorsen1, on Flickr

and the wheels

6284569725_f679f5cc4c.jpg

DSC_0872 by ryanthorsen1, on Flickr

5 answers to this question

headlights recommend the focus pads. You might be able to tape off area around them and use regular pads but depending on the lights probably wouldnt get ideal results. As far as wheels might be able to hand polish but from the looks of it would probably take more, hopefully the supermen of detailing can pop in, but I hope I helped.

Chrome is EXTREMELY hard to correct, but part of its appeal is that unless they're cleaned improperly they're very hard to scratch. I've had very limited success removing scratching similar to what you have using more aggressive means (jump to SHR or SSR) but more often than not, when chrome is scratched like that its nearly impossible to bring back 100%

thats what i figured. out in the sun with the bright reflection, i dont figured youll be able to see it. just ocd wants me to have less swirls. another question though dylan, i read these comments saying chrome can be uncoated,or clear coated. is this true? i thought that was only for aluminum wheels, not chrome.

Chrome is EXTREMELY hard to correct, but part of its appeal is that unless they're cleaned improperly they're very hard to scratch. I've had very limited success removing scratching similar to what you have using more aggressive means (jump to SHR or SSR) but more often than not, when chrome is scratched like that its nearly impossible to bring back 100%

:iagree: Hard to correct!

Archived