Customer Service 866.965.0400

uh oh

ChargerMatt

Question

12 answers to this question

Glaze is for shiny surface, not a good idea to apply to that textured matte area. Try cleaning with APC like suggested.

Yeah I figured that out now. I got suggestions to use it in a previous thread and I was hesitant. I tried cleaning it off with some detail spray right after it and it pretty much just masked it until my next wash which was about a week ago. Hopefully the APC will work because I want to sell these guys during the winter :S

Yeah I figured that out now. I got suggestions to use it in a previous thread and I was hesitant. I tried cleaning it off with some detail spray right after it and it pretty much just masked it until my next wash which was about a week ago. Hopefully the APC will work because I want to sell these guys during the winter :S

It's just a glaze man. APC will knock it off no problem.

No worries... we all make the occasional mistake, this looks 100% fixable.

Keep us posted on how the APC works for you. If it doesn't completely remedy the problem the next step would hand rubbing them down with a little SSR. My brothers satin finish wheels had some staining from chemicals at a car wash. Rubbing the area out by hand with a mf towel and SSR cleared them up, but it was a lot of work.

It's just a glaze man. APC will knock it off no problem.

Thanks... that actually comforted me a lot.

No worries... we all make the occasional mistake, this looks 100% fixable.

Keep us posted on how the APC works for you. If it doesn't completely remedy the problem the next step would hand rubbing them down with a little SSR. My brothers satin finish wheels had some staining from chemicals at a car wash. Rubbing the area out by hand with a mf towel and SSR cleared them up, but it was a lot of work.

Alright cool, thanks for the help everyone. I'm going to put my winter wheels on Saturday so I have the ability to work on it off the car.

Thanks again - APC then SSR if that fails.

Hah, I just noticed that this forum auto filters the acronyms for the names and names for the acronyms... Slick

And remember to test first (with anything) before going hog wild... try the APC at half strength to start in a small area and see what kind of results you get. Increase the ratio as needed.

Same goes for the SSR if you need to go there. Test a spot to make sure the results are what you want before hitting the whole wheel.

Archived