Customer Service 866.965.0400

Flex

chrys7

Question

I am ready to pull the trigger on the Flex my questions since I dont need to correct my paint which product(S) can I use with the Flex on my chally to polish it? FMP?

Also I currently Glaze + Americana, When do i polish??

Current Process if I am going to WAX.

1. Rinse (Water)

2. Foam Gun (let Soap sit for 40 Secs)

3. Rinse (Water)

4. Foam Gun then Wash with Adams large pad

5. Rinse (Water)

6. Spray Detail Spray then CLAY the car (If needed)

7. Dry off then Revive Polish (if I clay)

8. Glaze

9.Americana

I glaze in between Americana. So just wondering where in my routine would I introduce the machine polishing with flex.

25 answers to this question

WEll that was my concern as I was told that is does cut the clear coat just didnt know to what extent. Being that I will be polishing my car and actually correcting my wifes SUV at some point.

I am aware of the 3 step process to correcting paint but, I have only used the 4 Inch Pads on my Drill to test the produtcs and they worked great on my wifes fenders. If its not a concern thats fine but I wanted to be clear and 100% sure. Sometimes you hear conflicting information or something that just doesnt sound right and as i said I wanted to ask.

FMP will correct very minor paint defects, yes.

You don't need to be worried about removing clear coat on your car. You'd need to polish it hundreds of times to remove enough clear coat to get down to the paint.

Different pads are used with different polishes, there isn't just one pad used for "polishing." Sounds like to need to do a little more research as far as machine polishing goes.

FMP will correct very minor paint defects, yes.

You don't need to be worried about removing clear coat on your car. You'd need to polish it hundreds of times to remove enough clear coat to get down to the paint.

Different pads are used with different polishes, there isn't just one pad used for "polishing." Sounds like to need to do a little more research as far as machine polishing goes.

Dylan as I mentioned in this thread my intended uses for the Flex, since I dont need any paint correction on my Chally will FMP still do paint correction and remove clear coat? Is there a Pad Adams carries that I can use with the Flex to soley do Polishing on my vehicle? The reason I ask is i was told that FMP with the Flex would remove clear coat?

FMP and a white pad is probably all you'd need... also a little tip, pick up a gray PC pad to use on the Flex w/ Revive. Its something I've been doing more and more after a pass of FMP and it makes it much easier to remove and seems to gloss the paint up even more.

Since you won't be working the product the issues seen with the other pad (walking) aren't present. Just set the machine on 6 use a little Revive and go to town with light pressure.

I should be getting my Flex This week!!!

One thing i for got to ask is there any concern with stripes on my car and the heat the flex generates?

Obviously I would keep the flex in constant motion butis it safe to machine polish them or should i avoid the stripes?

Yep! Its a solution born from doing demos in full sun... FMP likes to be stubborn on hot paint, Revive loosens it up nicely and comes off clean.

Awesome thx dylan!

FMP and a white pad is probably all you'd need... also a little tip, pick up a gray PC pad to use on the Flex w/ Revive. Its something I've been doing more and more after a pass of FMP and it makes it much easier to remove and seems to gloss the paint up even more.

Since you won't be working the product the issues seen with the other pad (walking) aren't present. Just set the machine on 6 use a little Revive and go to town with light pressure.

Archived