Customer Service 866.965.0400

2013 GT500 looks sick

GGEVOXFTMFW

the 2013 is nice - but from what ive heard is that the mustang is up for a freshening in 2014, and a possible redesign which will change the gt500 to a irs instead of the solid axle setup it has now to help with the handling. wonder if they can build one to handle the 650 hp.

No poor ZL1. Without any numbers yet this hasn't beat anything until it proves itself. If it beats the ZL1 in "The Ring" then ill be shocked. Even in a drag race I don't think the GT500 gonna be able to put all that power to ground. Ford needs to worry less on HP numbers and concentrate on getting the power they do have to the ground. They also need to look in redesigning that tired old look of that same bodystyle and make something new and exciting.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Coming from a Transformer owner of course they should...

I think the Camaro looks like poop. It's all opinion.

I'll take one of each. Having said that, I would never take either one to a road course, so lap times mean squat.

Why not? I just got back from Vegas and watched many GT500's, GT350's, Boss 302's and Ford GT's tearing up the track.

Check out this video. This is an extremely difficult track. This guy is a novice, but it's a great video.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MalJ4lhQ1c]Team Shelby Spring Mountain race - YouTube[/ame]

I'm doing Summit in May. These cars are meant to be used. They aren't flowers.

I think the Camaro looks like poop. It's all opinion.

Thats exactly right, at this point in time these cars are so close together that it comes down to just style and personal preference. I cant tell you how many people that have made fun of my jeep or said its stupid. But lifes a b*tch when the light turns green and your left there at the light by 5k lb jeep. Only car to get me from the life was a modded M5 which cost over 100k more than my car all said and done. I just hope both of these new beasts both do as well as they are saying, cause I know the mustang and camaro guys are tired of me around here :D haha. I really dont have a preference but I really hope they find some way for that GT500 to put that power down, then the ZL1 will have a good fight.

Very nice car. Good video, glad you drove it.

I said it in another thread, but here ya go again, I love when people actually drive their nicer cars. Personally I'd love to get a full outfitted pro rally car someday and take it to the track, i think thatd be a blast.

Just hope this doesn't turn into another A vs B Thread. One reason love this MB compared to others is because everyone has different brands/types of cars,different experiences etc and the main reason for this place: "You love to keep them clean no matter what you own.:)"

Grew up in the Drag Racing World and a short lived career at it LOL then Road Racing as a Hobby. Will leave the bench racing to the experts.Imho I do believe that the majority of the people that buy these cars will never track them and that is their own business. But man you can have some fun.(Always tell people when asked, your first mod should be a driving school) Don't underestimate the ZL1 It will be a great car.Don't underestimate the Shelby it will be a great car(forget HP for a sec. Different shocks, traction control, coolers etc added for 2013) and you have to wonder what Mopar (besides the new Viper:drool:) has secretly going on in the lab. It still is a great time for MuscleCarFans. Enjoy it while it lasts.

:cheers:

and you have to wonder what Mopar (besides the new Viper:drool:) has secretly going on in the lab. It still is a great time for MuscleCarFans. Enjoy it while it lasts.

:cheers:

I am right there with ya, i sure hope mopar pulls something outta their @ss cause right now they dont have much on what the ZL1 and GT500 are. Without FI there is only so much you can do on only motor with a production car to keep up with FI. Heard rumors of supercharges on the 6.4 on the chally and charger platform but it was just talk the last time. but they better do something fast or they are gunna get left in the dust fast, in more ways than one. btw new viper is gunna be sick, i cant wait! especially since it will be the first car from only SRT, SRT Viper :D not dodge.

I appreciate all cars and what companies are coming out with. I think it's a great head to head match as far as style, power, handling and all of the other great features about muscle cars. Dylan is right, the winner in the end is the muscle car enthusiast. Every car has a purpose and it's awesome now seeing how muscle cars have gone from straight line kings to also being able to plant that power in the corners and come out of them like rockets. To me that is absolutely amazing. No matter the make or model, bring that power to the ground and let everyone grin from ear to ear as the sounds of a sick, absolutely nasty, fire breathing V-8 rip around the track, down the strip or getting on it a bit on the highway.

The GT500 is very a very tempting car. 650hp and fully loaded with lots of fun comfy options and a warranty for $66k isn't bad.

The biggest drawback to me is its just a Mustang. Yeah its got a tad more aggressive bodywork, but basically looks the same as the other million cars out there.

I've got the new car bug bad but my interests are going in every direction at the moment.

I appreciate all cars and what companies are coming out with. I think it's a great head to head match as far as style, power, handling and all of the other great features about muscle cars. Dylan is right, the winner in the end is the muscle car enthusiast. Every car has a purpose and it's awesome now seeing how muscle cars have gone from straight line kings to also being able to plant that power in the corners and come out of them like rockets. To me that is absolutely amazing. No matter the make or model, bring that power to the ground and let everyone grin from ear to ear as the sounds of a sick, absolutely nasty, fire breathing V-8 rip around the track, down the strip or getting on it a bit on the highway.

I absolutely couldn't agree more. :thumbup:

I'm clearly a Ford fan, but do appreciate this era of muscle car madness. Someone has to stick up for Ford. May as well be me. :lolsmack:

I absolutely couldn't agree more. :thumbup:

I'm clearly a Ford fan, but do appreciate this era of muscle car madness. Someone has to stick up for Ford. May as well be me. :lolsmack:

I know there are plenty of muscle car guys on here from all makes out there. I'm a bit of a odd ball since the ones I love are the Holdens in Australia. Mainly the Commodore SS-V and what I just came over thanks to Len (LDM) the Coupe 60. I know I will be attending the V8 Supercars race in Austin, TX next year for the first V8 Supercars race on US soil. A few years after that I plan on visiting Australia to witness a race on their home turf. I know a few races will be on the Speed Channel so keep your eyes peeled for that since that racing to me is very exciting.

My best friends dad (brother from another mother) has a GT500 and it's a beast. His dad said that after he kicks the bucket it's going to my brother. I think there will be a nice little friendly race between all of us at some point. :burnout:

Archived