Customer Service 866.965.0400

Flex to apply Super Sealant?

alexdrozd

Question

12 answers to this question

It's the way the Flex operates that makes it not a good idea, currently, to apply MSS with it.

There was a lot of tiger striping noticed when laying it down on the Flex because of it's beastiness. We are currently working on a new pad that will work both for the PC and the Flex to solve this problem.

Mook

Anyone got pics of this effect in action so we can see what it does?

and because of the forced rotation, the MSW doesn't apply evenly..... causing the "tiger stripe" effect. They are currently working on a sub for the flex I think.

I asked the same thing Flex generates way TOO much heat as per Dylan.

I don't believe I ever pointed to heat generation being a cause for concern or issues with application of MSS. :confused:

It looks like the paint is shiny and striped. You can see the un-even-ness on the surface.

It does produce this 'tiger stripe' effect for some reason. MSS needs to be as even as possible, especially on darker colors. The movement of the PC works great b/c at low speeds (like 3) the pad won't even rotate. The flex tends to build the product up at the edges of the pad and thin it out in the middle, leading to uneven application.

on a silver or white car it might not even be noticeable, but on black it will be pretty obvious.

My mistake then. :)

I don't believe I ever pointed to heat generation being a cause for concern or issues with application of MSS. :confused:

It does produce this 'tiger stripe' effect for some reason. MSS needs to be as even as possible, especially on darker colors. The movement of the PC works great b/c at low speeds (like 3) the pad won't even rotate. The flex tends to build the product up at the edges of the pad and thin it out in the middle, leading to uneven application.

on a silver or white car it might not even be noticeable, but on black it will be pretty obvious.

Archived