Customer Service 866.965.0400

Junkman's Minor Scratch Removal on a Lamborghini Murcielago

Junkman2008

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was talking to a friend of mine who's an electrical engineer; we're going to try to create an equivalent positector. :)

Well keep a "brutha' in his garage productions" in the loop! :Dlol.gif

By the way Dave, do you realize that you are the only person other than I who has shown up in one of my videos? That's an elite group! :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Nice video! Cool to watch you fix it, with dedication and humor!:lurk:

What I missed was the condition of the paint before you started wetsanding.

I'm guessing at least a wash & clay of the panel / workable area, is the minimum preparation you would have to do before starting with sanding?

Also what were the suggested steps to the owner now the scratch has been corrected?

As there is no paint protection on that spot any more, you would have to seal & wax that panel in order to bring it up to the level of the car?

Would you clay, seal and wax the complete car when just one panel needs to be corrected?

Nice video! Cool to watch you fix it, with dedication and humor!:lurk:

What I missed was the condition of the paint before you started wetsanding.

The car was in very good condition as it had been previously maintained by another professional detailer.

I'm guessing at least a wash & clay of the panel / workable area, is the minimum preparation you would have to do before starting with sanding?

That is correct.

Also what were the suggested steps to the owner now the scratch has been corrected?

That he follow all of the washing and dust removal practices that I preach.

As there is no paint protection on that spot any more, you would have to seal & wax that panel in order to bring it up to the level of the car?

A coat of wax can be applied at that point, however, the owner was going to polish the entire car with FMP first and then apply a coat of MSS.

Would you clay, seal and wax the complete car when just one panel needs to be corrected?

I NEVER go from claying directly to wax. If I clay, some polishing is going to follow. After polishing, I will then apply the protection of my choice.

Archived