Customer Service 866.965.0400

Junkman's Minor Scratch Removal on a Lamborghini Murcielago

Junkman2008

In this video, I remove 2 scratches from forum member Pdisme's (Dave), Lamborghini Murcielago. The scratches were not too bad but needed the use of 2500 and 3000 grit sandpapers. I also used the Flex 3401VRG to buff them out using SHR and FMP. Sit back and kick up your feet!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-n9AZFYfH-E&feature=plcp&context=C37af608UDOEgsToPDskLtzXhbbvoGwIit4PQ1jcRi]Minor Scratch Removal on a Lamborghini Murcielago - YouTube[/ame]

Here's the puppy that I'm working on. Kudos to Dave for not passing out. lol.gif

daves_lambo.jpg

daves_lambo2.jpg

daves_lambo1.jpg

The Junkman

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting... so the detail spray priming on the pad is based on environmental conditions at the time? I never knew what exact purpose the DS was used for when spritzing on the pad, I just did it because all the videos told me to do so.

I am assuming that the general rule is the drier the humidity the more you need the DS on the pad?

Great video and actually LOL'd in my seat when you said "don't practice on anything over $200k" People looked at me funny just now haha

I have NO DOUBT!

THe GTR is a beast

Top gear Nissan GTR v Jaguar XK RS drag race - YouTube

This is one of my Fav episodes from Top Gear...2012 Nissan GT-R

Watch the Vid, that car rivals italian sports car that cost double what the GTR do and the GTR eats them alive as it does this 100K jag.

That thing had the smoothest shifting transmission that I have ever experienced, and I've owned a lot of new Cadillacs!

... I am assuming that the general rule is the drier the humidity the more you need the DS on the pad?

No. The rule is, watch the way your polish is acting and react appropriately.

For example, sometimes you'll start buffing and the polish will break down to a very clear, Vaseline looking consistency. In that scenario, no detail spray is needed. On the other hand, you may start buffing and the polish will not only remain white, but get stubborn and cause the polisher to start handling funny. This is exactly what will happen if you try to do this in direct sunlight (which is something you should NEVER do). Working in direct sunlight or on too hot of a surface will cause a flaking or dusting nightmare.

In a situation like that, you need to start spritzing the pad. How much you should spritz depends on how the polish is reacting, keeping in mind that you don't want to dilute the polish too much. As I say in the video, the knowledge of how much and when to spritz comes with practice. The more time you spend behind the buffer, the better you will get with dealing with the various consistencies of different polishes.

The ideal situation is to work in a closed and temperature controlled garage, out of direct sunlight. This will give you the best experience when correcting paint.

... I'd like to take a ride in that or better yet' date=' drive it. :D:D[/quote']

Ha! You'd be lucky just to sit in it! :lolsmack:

Well there went 20 minutes of my work day.....and I'd do it again.

Nice work. You almost have me ready to try wetsanding some spots on my car.

And that was a short video for my usually long winded self! You got off easy! :D

great work! i think id be just as scared as him when that sandpaper first hit the car haha. no matter who is holding it, still scary haha. i never got to drive a murcie but neighbors have one and i now someone else i know does and just sitting in the c0ckpit of that car is an experience. Plus you gotta love that you could get it with a 6 speed manual, that third pedal has to be a blast with that car.

AJ: How do you get to sand such a small spot even when using such a big sanding block? I'm assuming you want to keep the block flush to the paint but doesn't that mean the entire block is in contact with the paint? You look like you're able to get such a tiny 2 inch area with what looks like a 6" long block and paper.

great work! i think id be just as scared as him when that sandpaper first hit the car haha. no matter who is holding it, still scary haha. i never got to drive a murcie but neighbors have one and i now someone else i know does and just sitting in the c0ckpit of that car is an experience. Plus you gotta love that you could get it with a 6 speed manual, that third pedal has to be a blast with that car.

Only one more year. by 2016 the VAG (Volkswagen auto group) will of phased out ALL manual transmissions. Audi no longer offers 2013+ models in manual in europe, next year is the last year to get a manual lambo and by 2016 porshe will of phased out the manual completely :mad::mad::mad:

BMW plans on 2014 being the last model year for manual:willy:

None the less, awesome video! will we get to see pics of all the cars you helped dave with and the outcome?

AJ: How do you get to sand such a small spot even when using such a big sanding block? I'm assuming you want to keep the block flush to the paint but doesn't that mean the entire block is in contact with the paint? You look like you're able to get such a tiny 2 inch area with what looks like a 6" long block and paper.

Yes, you normally want to keep the block flat but I have been doing this for years so I know how to use the edge of the block. I wouldn't recommend that someone start off learning that way because you can warp your sanding area in that it won't be even and you could even gouge the paint.

As I go through different sandpapers, my area will start to grow.

... None the less, awesome video! will we get to see pics of all the cars you helped dave with and the outcome?

Yes, whenever I get around to posting the thread. That video took 14 hours to upload. :help:

Archived