Customer Service 866.965.0400

Questions on new products

07RS4

Hey Adam's gang. I have 2 quick questions.

1. I'm going to try and get the Flex kit on this BF special. Should I wait and get it when the new pads are released, or is that a long ways off?

2. I also recently tried a Flex PE 14-2-150, and fell in love instantly. I thought I heard a while ago you guys where going to work a rotary into the line-up, is this the case? I don't want to spend my money elswhere on getting one, I would obviously rather spend it with you guys, but I just wondered what or if you guys are looking at a rotary and what's the timeframe. I could only imagine what the Adams crew could do with a rotary :)

Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving!

Hey Adam's gang. I have 2 quick questions.

1. I'm going to try and get the Flex kit on this BF special. Should I wait and get it when the new pads are released, or is that a long ways off?

There hasn't been a date set yet as testing isn't finalized and no final decisions have been made. At best I'd say sometime in first quarter 2012 would be realistic. Keep in mind too that with pads we generally don't "reinvent the wheel". Any changes won't dramatically impact how things work so you'd be fine with the current gen pads until its time to replace them.

2. I also recently tried a Flex PE 14-2-150, and fell in love instantly. I thought I heard a while ago you guys where going to work a rotary into the line-up, is this the case? I don't want to spend my money elswhere on getting one, I would obviously rather spend it with you guys, but I just wondered what or if you guys are looking at a rotary and what's the timeframe. I could only imagine what the Adams crew could do with a rotary :)

Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving!

Thats even farther off... the PE 14 is an awesome rotary tool if you're looking to go that way. We're just not actively working towards it right now with so many other things in process.

There hasn't been a date set yet as testing isn't finalized and no final decisions have been made. At best I'd say sometime in first quarter 2012 would be realistic. Keep in mind too that with pads we generally don't "reinvent the wheel". Any changes won't dramatically impact how things work so you'd be fine with the current gen pads until its time to replace them.

Thats even farther off... the PE 14 is an awesome rotary tool if you're looking to go that way. We're just not actively working towards it right now with so many other things in process.

Thanks for the quick answer on this holiday:lolsmack:

I will get the Flex kit then, and like you said, just get the new pads when they are released. By then I will need new pads anyways.

I'll probably hold off on the rotary for now, as this kit will hold me over for a while.

While the PC is an awesome machine, I'm ready to graduate IMO. I've done 2 full details with paint correction's for people and word of mouth is moving fast and I seem to be getting more calls. So I need something a little quicker.

EDIT: I did the Junkman trick with the PC's, and I must say he was right. I got a second one, and Loc-Tited both backing plates in place. Now, I can hit each panel with the 4" pads and the 6.75" pads before moving to the next panel and swapping plates. Love it!

Have a good 4 day sir. Dave

Being able to use pads cross machines is a nice idea. But right now I have 2 sets + for each machine, that seems to work for me, esp. if I happen to drop one 'butter side down' while polishing. Extra pads, like extra clay, are your friend. :)

Archived