Customer Service 866.965.0400

New improved Boars hair brush vs old one

STex

Question

Anyone have the old style boars head brush AND have tried the new model wood handle?? Comments? cleans better? longer bristles?

I guess my main question is does the new brush do a better job of cleaning between the wheel spokes? Dylan?

thxs for reply.

14 answers to this question

I think I still have both of mine... I'll dig them out and shoot a side by side for you.

The short answers for you:

• same exact type of fiber and length.
  • more bristles packed into each 'plug' so its a little more full than the previous version.
  • the handle length/shape is identical to the fender brush, but black plastic and smooth - it feels nice in your hand.

Totally honest answer - I don't know.

In theory it should, but then again I never had any problem with the old version cleaning my wheels completely. More/denser packed bristles should translate to more cleaning, but I never did a side by side test to see if this one cleans more than the previous one - it would be a hard thing to quantify the differences anyways.

Heres the pictures as promised, side by side with the old brush and a fender brush for size reference:

79fac198.jpg

b70f7428.jpg

7bc879ff.jpg

a6799e6b.jpg

To be honest, I have the old style brush and I don't think I've ever used it.

give it a try. Good for general wheel cleaning and useful in the engine bay. I use it to clean the major wheel area and then a m/f pad to reach some very hard to get the brush to areas between the spokes on some of my wheels.

give it a try. Good for general wheel cleaning and useful in the engine bay. I use it to clean the major wheel area and then a m/f pad to reach some very hard to get the brush to areas between the spokes on some of my wheels.

My rims are matte black and have like 20 spokes. to get them clean I need to clean them by hand. The brush doesn't do a good enough job.

My previous statement I take back"I dont think I ever used the brush" I have. I use it when I do the engine compartments. I find it very usefull to do engines.

The old (prior) wheel brush is distinctive in that it has a triangular head which allows it to get into tighter areas. It also has a more ergonomic handle. The current version is the same rounded head style offered by most suppliers and the handle design is inferior. Good for flat surfaces not not as good where access is more limited. I have examples of those styles, including the Adam's version two versions ago. The current model is not an improvement as a wheel brush. Note, the reviews for the wheel brushes are not as useful as they might be because Adam's has changed its wheel brushes. As a result, you must guess, by the date of the review, which version of Adam's wheel brush is being reviewed.

Archived