Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adam's Detail Spray??

07 z-oh-6

Question

From the instructions on the bottle, to the videos, the detail spray is always mentioned with drying a wet car. Is it water activated? I understand it helps to ease with water spots, but will it produce the same amount of gloss on a clean, dry car?

13 answers to this question

From the instructions on the bottle, to the videos, the detail spray is always mentioned with drying a wet car. Is it water activated? I understand it helps to ease with water spots, but will it produce the same amount of gloss on a clean, dry car?

Yes it will work just as good on a dry car,:2thumbs:Absolutely!!

You can use the detail spray on a clean dry car. But you can also use it on a wet car that you are drying. It saves a step (don't need separate drying and then detail spraying steps) and you get that amazing shine at the same time!

I have a neighbor who is about to become an Adam's addict (but doesn't know it yet :willy:) He started washing his car recently cuz he wants his car to look at good as my two year old car that has that new car shiny gloss! But even when his car is "clean" he noticed that it isn't shiny like ours... :glasses:

He wants to come over on the weekend to learn what I use and how I do it... :banana:

Detail spray is a great product that makes the car shine really pop, wet or dry!

It saves a step (don't need separate drying and then detail spraying steps) and you get that amazing shine at the same time!

I see what you're saying, but I'd rather use it on a dry car so it's not diluted. Since it's not water activated, you would think the stronger the concentrate, the more gloss. FWIW, I use CR Spotless, so water spots are never an issue anyway. :)

I see what you're saying, but I'd rather use it on a dry car so it's not diluted. Since it's not water activated, you would think the stronger the concentrate, the more gloss. FWIW, I use CR Spotless, so water spots are never an issue anyway. :)

Actually detail spray is also used as a drying agent to help lubricate the towel and lessen your chance of swirls. I personally haven't seen a difference in shine from doing it with water still on the car and dry. If your towel drying i would HIGHLY recommend using it when the car is still wet. I would also "prime" my towel with DS before touching it too

I no longer towel dry my cars or even touch them with anything but the wash mit. Sealent,BG and americana make the car shine enough anyway:drool:

I no longer towel dry my cars or even touch them with anything but the wash mit. Sealent,BG and americana make the car shine enough anyway:drool:

Although I do the leaf blower thing, I still like to do some drying on my car. There is something about using a towel on the car that is enjoyable to me. I like to wipe it down afterwards with Detail Spray just for the fun of it. I guess that's another reason I like white cars, I can wipe as much as I like and the swirls don't shop up as quickly :-)

Although I do the leaf blower thing, I still like to do some drying on my car. There is something about using a towel on the car that is enjoyable to me. I like to wipe it down afterwards with Detail Spray just for the fun of it. I guess that's another reason I like white cars, I can wipe as much as I like and the swirls don't shop up as quickly :-)

Totally understand, i was a leaf blower user for awhile until i got the masterblaster. I have the entire car dried in half the time and i know i didnt induce swirls. leaf blower works for the bigger drops but you still need a towel to get the stuff that didnt blow off!

Actually i have exilled my gwdt to door jams sense i just dont use them anymore.

Archived