Customer Service 866.965.0400

Shipping question.

My last order I got directly from Adam's because it was over $150 and I got free shipping with the Black Friday deal, but lately I've been buying all my gallons and other refills from Grabiak Performance Center. The most you'll pay for shipping is $4.95 (for the slow rate), and that's only if the order is under $99 and you don't use any coupon codes. Over $99 is free. If you like them on Facebook, you'll find a lot of the same sales and discount codes that Adam's offers on their website. Another benefit for those of us on the east coast is that shipping takes a lot less time from Pennsylvania than Colorado. :2thumbs:

AWESOME! I'm ordering up some stuff now. The big heavy gallon stuff that would cost a fortune to ship to me from CO, will be FREE! I'm a big fan of free. :) Yessh I'm spending my detail money before I get it. Guess I need to charge more. I could literally spend every penny on new toys.

I'm a proponent of bundling as much shipping into the product price as possible. If you're selling a product that ten thousand websites sell then of course you have no choice but to get all the shipping out of the product or you'll never sell anything, but Adams products are not sold at thousands of websites so there might be some benefit to shifting the costs into the products a little more. It could mean the difference between welcoming a new Adams faithful versus them not trying the brand.

I'm a proponent of bundling as much shipping into the product price as possible. If you're selling a product that ten thousand websites sell then of course you have no choice but to get all the shipping out of the product or you'll never sell anything, but Adams products are not sold at thousands of websites so there might be some benefit to shifting the costs into the products a little more. It could mean the difference between welcoming a new Adams faithful versus them not trying the brand.

I don't know for sure, but since it seems that Adam's has a focus to build out a dealer network having prices that don't include shipping costs helps encourage sales to move to the local dealer since the local dealer can then provide product at a savings (since the shipping costs are saved).

IMO - I like not having the shipping costs built into the product and being able to see the real breakout of costs (product vs shipping).

:cheers:

I don't know for sure, but since it seems that Adam's has a focus to build out a dealer network having prices that don't include shipping costs helps encourage sales to move to the local dealer since the local dealer can then provide product at a savings (since the shipping costs are saved).

IMO - I like not having the shipping costs built into the product and being able to see the real breakout of costs (product vs shipping).

:cheers:

Ah, yeah hadn't thought about that. I operate a few online businesses and have done a lot of A/B/C testing with shipping at checkout, shipping included and shipping at checkout but coupon code provided for some or all of shipping free and I definitely got increased conversions as shipping was reduced. Hell, I bought a five gallon of detail spray from Adams using the black Friday deal just to not have to pay shipping, and I'm not yet into the first five gallon jug since I had a standalone gallon too. :)

Archived