Customer Service 866.965.0400

the proper order of product application?

Agent 009

Question

i've always wondered if theres a correct order to apply waxes, glazes and sealants. i always figured using the glaze first then sealing that in with the wax was correct. but ive seem people go on top of the wax with the glaze so it got me thinking...and now with the new spray sealant, i'd like to figure out whats the right way to do it.

i'm looking to use the brilliant glaze, the americana paste wax, and the spray sealant. in what order should i apply these products for the best results?

(btw, maybe you guys should add the spray sealant to the premium shine kit for the ultimate hand [polishing] job. :2thumbs: )

8 answers to this question

You might find this helpful, but I haven't updated it yet to include AQS - http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/general-detailing-discussion-questions/14134.htm

your order of detailing application (rough outline) should be as follows:

BY MACHINE:

1. Strip Wash
  2. Clay
  3. Re-wash
  4. Dry
  5. SSR + Green Pad (as needed)
  6. SHR + Orange Pad (as needed)
  7. FMP + White Pad
  8. MSS + Gray Pad or AQS + Americana App
  9. BG + Americana App
  10. Americana or Buttery Wax

The last 3 steps are not all required, any of them can be omitted, but the application order should remain the same regardless.

BY HAND:

1. Strip Wash
  2. Clay
  3. Re-wash
  4. Dry
  5. SHR + Orange Hex Pad (as needed)
  6. Revive + Blue Hex Pad
  7. AQS + Americana App
  8. BG + Americana App
  9. Americana or Buttery Wax

The last 3 steps are not all required, any of them can be omitted, but the application order should remain the same regardless.

Sealant --> Wait a day --> Glaze --> Wax

The 12-24 hour wait is only necessary if using MSS, with the AQS its only 30 minutes.

Archived