Customer Service 866.965.0400

20" GM Factory Wheels

Rains

Question

]Hey Guys-

I had a quick question for any one that might have ran across dulling or oxidation on GM's 20 inch factory wheels that come on Tahoe and Suburban's. The wheels appear to have some grayish coloring to them. I see some around town that look more polished than mine do and I would like to maximize the shine if I can. They are polished and coated with clear coat so the metal polish 1 and 2 will not work. So my question is....what products would clear any of this up if at all. Sorry I don't have any close up pics right now....Any help would be appreciated!post-5655-136818060776_thumb.jpg

11 answers to this question

^^^Lol, same time^^^

Since they are clear coated, just use whatever you would use on paint.

I did some (Toyota Tundra Factory wheels) with hard water spots two weeks ago and SHR and Revive did the trick for me. I just polished by hand using some cheap applicators I had laying around and they came out great.

That's funny because I have 20's on my truck and they have no clear coat on them from the factory.

yea it seems that there are different variations of the polished wheel. I know there is a unpolished wheel they offered and then the polished one. Im just really amazed at the difference in the polish finish from one vehicle to another. Ive paid pretty close attention lately and mine are not as polished as some. Kind of irritating.

You could take the clear coat off and buff them, then spray them with clear coat. I have a friend that did this at his body shop. I know when I watched him do this before he put clear coat on the rims they looked alot better.

Well I guess Im just going to try the SHR and Revive. Hopefully that will fix majority of it. After all Im probably the only person that even notices it,lol

Thanks!

Archived