Customer Service 866.965.0400

Recommendation for Netflix Customers

mikegeaney

I have a Fiber Optic connection thru Verizon. I have more than enough bandwidth. Check out this site to figure what you are getting for speeds:

http://www2.verizon.net/micro/speedtest/hsi/

I just tested it on mine and got over 6 mbps. I have read that Netflix won't stream HD to you unless your connection speed is at least 3 mbps.

Download = 2.448 Mbps

So close....yet...so far away.

• 1 year later...

I was lucky to get here, as im having a lot of trouble with my connection speed. Thats why im asking for your help. I've been having issues for some days now, and every dsl speed test i do, offers different results. I am really lost here. cheers and thanks in advance.

I was lucky to get here, as im having a lot of trouble with my connection speed. Thats why im asking for your help. I've been having issues for some days now, and every dsl speed test i do, offers different results. I am really lost here. cheers and thanks in advance.

Any internet connection speed will vary depending on distance from the server. If you live in CA, and download a file from NY, it takes a while for the data to pass over 3000 miles of cables mixed between fiber optics and copper. So when you do a speed test, always use the closest server available. I always use speedtest.net as they have TONS of servers to choose from, and usually one withing 50-200 miles, meaning your going to a get a fairly accurate speed test. Whereas if you use one like "2wire speed test" they only have one server in norfolk virginia I believe. So if I'm in CA and they are in VA, i'm not going to get my lightning fast speeds @ 2000 miles of cables.

Here's one of my speed from lakewood, ca to los angeles, ca:

849294277.png

Now here's one from lakewood, ca to Boca Raton, FL:

849296959.png

I have a FTTH (Fiber To The Home) internet connection, so I literally have a fiber optic cable ran to my backdoor.

Thats how broadband works... I'm a broadband technician, so I'm pretty well versed in the subject. :D

Dylan check into FIBOs.. thats Verizons Fiber system.. supposed to be really good..

Yes Adam I agree the NEWS is no longer NEWS but biased, advertiser driven, shock mongers. I love the Scare Tactics headlines.. Could Blah Blah be Killing you.. News @ 11.. then its the LAST STORY and is a 2 min segment. The papers are the same way.. Its all $ driven BS.

There is some TV I enjoy, as like movies it provides me some escape.

Plus we have all the electronic goodies, I have a PS3, she has a Wii, 2 PCs ( Easy AJ, computers not his and hers :pc:) But we have Power Down weekends once every other month where we turn it all off, cells, everything. We just do family stuff, grill, play cards or board games. Its nice!

Edited by Kustom_FX

Any internet connection speed will vary depending on distance from the server. If you live in CA, and download a file from NY, it takes a while for the data to pass over 3000 miles of cables mixed between fiber optics and copper. So when you do a speed test, always use the closest server available. I always use speedtest.net as they have TONS of servers to choose from, and usually one withing 50-200 miles, meaning your going to a get a fairly accurate speed test. Whereas if you use one like "2wire speed test" they only have one server in norfolk virginia I believe. So if I'm in CA and they are in VA, i'm not going to get my lightning fast speeds @ 2000 miles of cables.

Here's one of my speed from lakewood, ca to los angeles, ca:

849294277.png

Now here's one from lakewood, ca to Boca Raton, FL:

849296959.png

I have a FTTH (Fiber To The Home) internet connection, so I literally have a fiber optic cable ran to my backdoor.

Thats how broadband works... I'm a broadband technician, so I'm pretty well versed in the subject. :D

Interesting!