Customer Service 866.965.0400

Ford ends production of the Ranger

Marylander

Man, building these must have been like printing money for the last 15 years... All that tooling was paid off years ago!

End of historic line, as last Ford Ranger rolls from plant in St. Paul | Minnesota Public Radio News

I'm looking forward to seeing what, if anything, ford comes up with to replace it... I'd love to see a modern small diesel pickup from a domestic manufacturer. :cheers:

Yeah I too would be curious if they come out with a replacment, however, despite being a bit more pricey, the ecoboost in the F150's might be replacing the need for a smaller truck with better gas mileage since you get that feature in something a bit larger.

I had a Ranger too...not a bad truck, although I like my Colorado better.

Seems like all the small trucks are going away. Ranger, Dakota, and last I saw, the Colorado was getting some weird front end treatment and only being made for overseas markets.

Not into trucks at all, so forgive me. I've been to the plant in St. Paul and have seen them leaving by the train load. Don't know why the American MFG Rs are doing away with the smaller trucks, unless they no longer sell well?

Its a shrinking segment at the moment. In their heyday the Chevy S10 and Ford Rangers were everywhere. Heck... I've owned two S10's in my life a '99 4 banger ECSB and a 2001 V6 4x4 CCSB and they were great little trucks. Did everything I ever asked of them and more.

Like Rich suggested, I'd like to see a small diesel powered truck on the market. I'm sure both Ford and GM have the capability to put small displacement diesels into things the size of the current Chevy Colorado or whatever replaces the Ford Ranger.

Being totally honest - I didn't even know Ford was still producing the Ranger... you don't see them around like you did 5 years ago. The few I do see are all pre-runnered out.

Like Rich suggested, I'd like to see a small diesel powered truck on the market. I'm sure both Ford and GM have the capability to put small displacement diesels into things the size of the current Chevy Colorado or whatever replaces the Ford Ranger.

GM is already doing it Down Under with the Holden Colorado: Holden Colorado - Overview - Holden.com.au

Yea, but as with all good things GM does 'down undah' it never makes it here. Or in the case of the G8 they bring it up only to take it away. I still think that Holden should be a specialty GM brand sold in the states.

You have no idea how much I agree with that statement. Unfortunately most Americans have no idea Holden even exists.

Yea, but as with all good things GM does 'down undah' it never makes it here. Or in the case of the G8 they bring it up only to take it away. I still think that Holden should be a specialty GM brand sold in the states.

I thought some of it was sold under Saturn brand.

Archived