Customer Service 866.965.0400

Short rant about apartment living and washing your car

SLOWpoke

So earlier today I went to two bucket wash my non-daily driver since the last time it was out the roads were wet...well I pack up all my stuff Adams car shampoo, "junk rags" (old MFs) for the wheels, DS, 2 absorbers, Adams wash pad, and of course my 2 buckets and drove to the car wash station in my apartment complex. Well yadda yadda I wash the car and get to drying her off..WELL then this guy pulls up RIGHT NEXT to me in a black Mercedes SUV. We exchange hellos and I go back to finish drying.

I notice him pulling out his wash supplies which were one VERY VERY dirty crappy looking sponge and a cigarette. His next step in washing his Mercedes was to light his smoke up and wet the car down while also wetting the side of MY car that I JUST FREAKIN DRIED!! :mad: he then proceeded to use the same sponge to wash his tires THEN drag it across his paint...I laughed ;)

In reality it was really not that big of a deal as I just packed up my stuff and drove back inside my garage to finish drying, but little things like that just get to me sometimes when it has to do with COMMON COURTESY!! I then got in my DD to go reward myself with an energy drink from the gas station (man I love those things!) and drove by to see him "cleaning" his sponge by grinding it right into the pavement over and over :lol:

Now normally I'd stop and explain maybe even help and show someone a better way to wash and take care of their 2nd most valuable possession, but his lack of courtesy pissed me off so I decided to keep letting him drag, wipe, and scrub dirt all over his Mercedes Benz :D

I feel your pain man, I live in a townhouse complex with little to no washing area and I experience the same issues, just gotta live with it and be careful, and laugh at those with ignorance I give credit to those who ATTEMPT to keep their vehicles clean but anyone being mindless like that guy is ridiculous.

I feel your pain man, I live in a townhouse complex with little to no washing area and I experience the same issues, just gotta live with it and be careful, and laugh at those with ignorance I give credit to those who ATTEMPT to keep their vehicles clean but anyone being mindless like that guy is ridiculous.

Agreed! I need a house something fierce (currently saving for a down payment)!! I get that not everyone is into what WE do, nor into cars as much as we are..but just like even with my crappy van I have as a DD I pay EXTRA attention NOT to slam my door into someone else's car out of respect of their property even though I don't give a d*mn about the van so long as it runs, I think people should have enough courtesy to respect others and what they may be trying to do...BUT hey we're all different with vastly varying priorities. It's what makes us the "melting pot"...even if most of us citizens need a swift kick in the butt in terms of lifestyle and attitudes towards one another! But hey to each his own, just don't touch my Lexus! :lol:

Cheers! And Happy New Years to everyone!! :cheers:

Totally know how that is! I live in a condo and my neighbor's dad was staying at her place and he decided he wanted to wash the car. Well I am parked right beside him because we have certain parking spots. Not only does he not give me any warning, he also uses my hose that is out there as well as gets my jeep that I had cleaned the day before completely wet. It sucked! No common courtesy whatsoever!

Archived