Customer Service 866.965.0400

Wall mounting and wire hiding project

MAYBEN

Did this for my mom in her house when she got a 46" ran wires from the living room wall down through the basement then back up to a cabinet that holds her cable box, blu-ray, and sub. You'll LOVE it with the wires hidden! Very clean looking!

Can't wait to see the finished pics!

I took my time throughout the day and had to run out to HD for a couple things twice..

I definitely need a new audio rack..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is what usually happens. You think you have everything and always end up making another trip to the hardware store. My wife is always on me about why I can't just make one trip, and that I take too long to do something that she views as should only take a couple hours. There is an old saying "haste makes waste".

not bad IDE hire you :). I see now, you really couldn't pull those speakers out any more otherwise it would look goofy with the doorway their.

Fun fishing wires eh? Did you do the magnet and ball chain trick?

There have been times that I've had to run to hd while on the job site 3 or more times because I would always run into stuff. 98% of the time I have everything I need on the truck.

How many hours you pull? My customers always think its a huge ordeal but when a small job like yours is done in 3 1/2 hours they always say man you must have done this before :jester: my first couple took me most of the day, just like anything repetition and experience makes for a quick job

Again awesome job! Howd you like the speaker wire and HDMI?

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

I used an electricians flat steel snake for most of it.. For the speaker wire on L and R, I drilled a 3/8" hole, feed it in, went in basement and drilled a double hole and used a wire coat hanger to hook and pull..

I forgot to mention, right after I mounted the center speaker, I noticed it was off center..

The wiring was nice and easy to maneuver around.. Now I have to get a different component rack that is shorter but deeper..

It was a PITA to hang it by myself since the Wife couldn't hold the tv high enough nor line up the back and put the screws in.. The mount bolts directly, versus the bracket tilt hang.. But then I figured it out, this mount can be portrait or landscape, so I removed the bracket that holds that functionality in place and viola! I could put it on the tv, then live and slide into slot and put the bracket back..

I'm glad it's done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived