Customer Service 866.965.0400

New Camaro, bad clear coat...

Frid

Question

As some of you know I traded in my truck and purchased a 2011 victory red camaro 2ss/rs ls3. When I bought the car, there were a few scratches on the vinyl stripes that they quickly replaced. I knew the guy that does the stripes on all the camaros and he generously replaced all the vinyl not just the hood stripes that were scratched. Well a day passed and I saw what looked to be clear coat failure/defects on the driver side door. The dealer said he sold one other camaro that had the same problem in the same spot. We looked the entire car over before I left back to Korea and found no other spots. I brought my Adam's supplies to the dealship. They let me use one of their bays to see if I could get the defective area out with clay/polish. We even tried wetsanding. Didn't work. Right then and there the General Manager and dealer said, this will be fixed right away. Have to call and set up a date for someone to bring the car in. They will be re-clearcoating the entire driverside door. And for a bonus they even agreed to remove the license plate bracket in the front, sand down the holes where the rivets were at and repaint it for me for free out of me asking :). By far the most generous, nicest people I've dealt with at a dealership. It's Herdon Chevrolet in Lexington, SC for those are near and looking for a new or used car. Just thought I'd share this story with everyone. Thanks for reading.

2 answers to this question

As some of you know I traded in my truck and purchased a 2011 victory red camaro 2ss/rs ls3. When I bought the car, there were a few scratches on the vinyl stripes that they quickly replaced. I knew the guy that does the stripes on all the camaros and he generously replaced all the vinyl not just the hood stripes that were scratched. Well a day passed and I saw what looked to be clear coat failure/defects on the driver side door. The dealer said he sold one other camaro that had the same problem in the same spot. We looked the entire car over before I left back to Korea and found no other spots. I brought my Adam's supplies to the dealship. They let me use one of their bays to see if I could get the defective area out with clay/polish. We even tried wetsanding. Didn't work. Right then and there the General Manager and dealer said, this will be fixed right away. Have to call and set up a date for someone to bring the car in. They will be re-clearcoating the entire driverside door. And for a bonus they even agreed to remove the license plate bracket in the front, sand down the holes where the rivets were at and repaint it for me for free out of me asking :). By far the most generous, nicest people I've dealt with at a dealership. It's Herdon Chevrolet in Lexington, SC for those are near and looking for a new or used car. Just thought I'd share this story with everyone. Thanks for reading.

That sucks Matt, I'm glad they are taking care of you. Good to hear a dealership isn't just out for the $$, and are looking out for the customer.

I could see this on a 15 years old DD, but a brand new vehicle? Sad. The vinyl stripes seem to be an issue also. Our Chief just got his painted on because of all the issues with scratching, peeling, etc. His is a'10, garage kept.

Archived