Customer Service 866.965.0400

It has begun...

mattpiper

Question

First box of Adam's products just arrived...

adams1.jpg

adams2.jpg

adams3.jpg

adams4.jpg

My PC-7424XP is coming with the rest of my Adam's polishes (Swirl & Haze Remover, Fine Machine Polish, Super Machine Sealant, and all the matching pads) later this afternoon. Bought them used from a fine gentleman on the forum here.

My Gilmour Foam Master II foam gun arrived yesterday, but unfortunately, my Grit Guards won't be in until Monday... The addiction will have to wait until next week to start.

Hard to believe I'm this excited about washing and polishing my car.

17 answers to this question

Matt, do you have the focus pads and adapter yet? Just the perfect thing for those tough spots (like bird etchings, some more significant swirls/shallow scratches), and those A pillars and mirrors. AND you get an adaptor for the PC (my choice) as well as one for the drill (I shy away from that right now).

...Something to put on your list. (yeah, how the list grows... haha)

And when you try the SVRT, I'd bet you will toss that other product. ;)

No sling, no spots on the car, no goo on the ground. AND, it's water repellent to boot with SPF 35.

And pay no attention to the nasty goo under the tires...

I have some Megiuar's Tire Foam left, and I'm using the rest of it while saving my funds for the Jumbo Wheel and Undercarriage kit. I know I'm not doing myself any favors and should probably just toss it, but since I don't yet own any Super VRT...

Well, just a thorough two-bucket wash (along with my Gilmour Foam Master II) brought out a new level of shine... I won't be able to get to the swirls until next weekend.

ch100.jpg

I've watched both Adam's and the Junkman's videos a number of times now. Tried the Junkman's technique (four drops to prime the pad, then Swirl and Haze, then Fine Machine Polish, then Super Machine Sealant) on the hood of my mother-on-law's Saturn Ion. The swirls are knocked out, but I think I'd need the Severe Swirl and Haze green stuff for some of the bird dropping etchings...

I guess it depends on what you do. If you use the DVD, it's Adam's - if you go with YouTube, it's (maybe) the Junkman? "Hello boys and girls, the junkman here, in another 'brother in his garage' production" :)

Regardless, only 3 drops of polish on the pad per 2x2' area, that's all it takes. And remember to do a spray of Detail Spray on the pad every time. You might only need the Fine Machine Polish and the white pad, so test an area first, and see if that cleans up what you see on the finish. If not, step up to the SHR and Orange pad.

If you use SHR, work the SHR until it goes clear and greazy looking, not milky. Same with the FMP that follows the SHR step. Then wipe it off, step back, and drool. The shine you get after polishing is what you are going to see, alot of what you see IS the polished finish. :D

Welcome Matt, you may be the closest member of this forum to me I have seen yet.

I used to hate to wash/detail my vehicles now I want to wash them every sunny day for some reason, dirty or not.

looks like monday will be a great weather day but tuesday and wednesday are supposed to be pretty nasty.

what are you polishing on?

Archived