Customer Service 866.965.0400

Official 2012 MLB Thread - Wanna talk baseball? Come on in!

Team Adam's

How about my jays spanking Dylan's Angels :D

Meh.... Morrow was on, but don't get too cocky... the O's and the J's will finish in the AL East cellar just like every other year.

Mariano is out for the year :(

I'm going into hibernation till next season

What a freak accident, and a terrible way for him to go out. I was listening to Harold Reynolds this morning and like he said - it would be easier to take if he was in a game, took a liner off his leg, or blew his arm out... but to lose him in warmups... thats not how the greatest closer of all time should go out. Hope he makes it back to finish his legacy off with even a partial season.

I'm no Yankees fan, but you have to respect what he has done.

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL... I can tell you and I think a lot alike.

I've got another one for ya.... When did it become necessary to boo the visiting pitcher every time he throws over to first? I mean - if he throws over there 10 times when the runner doesn't even have a lead, ok. But every time?

Sometimes I want to stand up and scream, "Have you ever SEEN a baseball game before?"

I've got another one for ya.... When did it become necessary to boo the visiting pitcher every time he throws over to first? I mean - if he throws over there 10 times when the runner doesn't even have a lead, ok. But every time?

Sometimes I want to stand up and scream, "Have you ever SEEN a baseball game before?"

Add to that a hitter stepping out of the box and a pitcher just not throwing the ball as well with runners on. Or shaking off a pitch 10 times as well before getting the sign you want. So many things at stake and that 1 moment could and will beat you if you let it.

Rivera's accident was bad, it hurt my knee, even watching Noah's ankle fold over yesterday hurt. Hope he does make a good recovery, even if I am a RANGERS fan! Now my Rangers, I have NO IDEA what the heck is going on with them. Bats have gone cold, and pitchers are having issues. Hope they turn it around.

Now my Rangers, I have NO IDEA what the heck is going on with them. Bats have gone cold, and pitchers are having issues. Hope they turn it around.

That's the way baseball go.

What to you think of Cole Hamels plunking Bryce Harper?

Here's how I see it: Plunk him if you want to plunk him. Everyone KNOWS it was intentional. But don't ADMIT IT! You say "I was just trying to come inside and it got away."

Hamel is suspended 5 games.

Lost 2 pitchers in the 9th yesterday to the DL... scotty downs twists his knee ducking out of the way of a come backer, latroy hawkins breaks his pinky on a similar hit. Not good.

On a positive note, Frieri who we picked up from the Padres looks like a legit bullpen arm. 95+ with SICK late movement.

And of course Albert finally clubs a HR... only took him a month and 110 pa's :help:

Rivera's accident was bad, it hurt my knee, even watching Noah's ankle fold over yesterday hurt. Hope he does make a good recovery, even if I am a RANGERS fan! Now my Rangers, I have NO IDEA what the heck is going on with them. Bats have gone cold, and pitchers are having issues. Hope they turn it around.

Its the way it goes... hot and cold streaks... too much pop in that lineup for the scoring not to come back around. Its your pitchers I don't see keeping it up, especially come July/August in that sweatbox of a stadium.

Darvish is going to melt LOL

Harper is a bit of a cocky jerk from what hes shown so far, so he's gonna have to get used to taking bean balls from the vets. Thats just baseball.

Good for him that he returned the favor by stealing home... I bet that hurt Cole more than getting plunked by a pitch hurt Harper.

Its your pitchers I don't see keeping it up, especially come July/August in that sweatbox of a stadium.

That "Texas Heat" thing is WAY overplayed. (What - it's not hot in Atlanta? Baltimore? NYC?)

It's a matter of conditioning. And I believe BOTH teams have to play in the same heat. Thank goodnes Nolan Ryan has put an end to that excuse/myth.

Both my teams in the cellar.

The Rox have thrown in the towel enough to bring up 3 young pitchers from AAA to start in the rotation. I say fire the GM and pitching coach...been way too long on the job for them here.

I'm tellin' you... the rockies only play well late and when they're behind. They don't know how to do it any other way LOL

Weaver got win #5 yesterday... held the Twins hitless for another 3 innings for a total of 11 consecutive. LOL.

held the Twins hitless for another 3 innings for a total of 11 consecutive. LOL.

What has happend to the Twins the last couple of years? Yikes!

Even when they can get the M&M boys on the field they can't win. I bet they're glad they spent all that $$$ on the new ballpark....

I feel bad for Morneau... he doesn't look like he'll ever be like his 'pre-concussion' self again and thats said.

Mauer on the other hand... not sure. I get catching has been hard on his body, but it doesn't really explain why he hasn't played well, especially when they're booking time for him at first to save his knees.

Used to be that lineup would scare you with Mauer in the 3rd hole and Morneau behind him, but really now the only guy in that lineup that makes me worry is Span.

Mauer on the other hand... not sure. I get catching has been hard on his body, but it doesn't really explain why he hasn't played well, especially when they're booking time for him at first to save his knees.

But his hair looks GREAT!

How 'bout Josh Hamilton w/ 4 dingers last night! 8 RBIs and 18 total bases!

What a stud.

Pure awesome. I love seeing things like this. His story makes it just a bit better too. I thought Feliz was dealing last night. That guy has some filthy stuff.

On the Rox front...we suck again! Alex White looked good in the loss though.

I'm glad the O's are doing well but I really don't think it'll last. Hope I'm wrong....

I hope it doesn't last either. I like Showalter less than Valentine. Heck, of all the Managers in the AL, Scios, Girardi, and Maddon are the only ones I like!

LOL and one of them manages the enemy!

I hear Beckett was given the day off to nurse some injuries including a sore shoulder... so instead of doing that goes out and plays 18 holes of golf LOL. BoSox need to get someone in there the players actually respect and someone not afraid to bring the hammer down on stuff like that.

If I were his team mate I'd be P I S S E D off about it.

I hear Beckett was given the day off to nurse some injuries including a sore shoulder... so instead of doing that goes out and plays 18 holes of golf LOL. BoSox need to get someone in there the players actually respect and someone not afraid to bring the hammer down on stuff like that.

If I were his team mate I'd be P I S S E D off about it.

You know that clubhouse right now has one thing on their mind: How can they get Captain Eyebrows fired quicker?

On the Rox front, Rookie and former 1st Rd P, Christian Friedrich made his MLB Debut last night, went 6, fanned 7, and we actually WON. Woot!