Customer Service 866.965.0400

Official 2012 MLB Thread - Wanna talk baseball? Come on in!

Team Adam's

So with an ending to the regular season that defied belief, and arguably one of the greatest world series we've ever seen... sure seems like its been a long time since we've had baseball.

Pitchers and catchers report this weekend for most of the teams, the rest of the players coming in a week later. Baseball is in the air people! Its a wonderful time of year.

So lets hear it... whos your team? Who do you expect big things from this year? Whats that darkhorse team that everyone is sleeping on? Did your team make moves or stay put this offseason? Have you bought tickets yet?

My Halos signed some guy name Pujols... apparently hes pretty good :jester:

I've got my partial season plan payed for, now waiting for single season tix to go on sale so I can get my seats for opening day among others.

I've got a season full of stuff planned already... a trip to Colorado to see my Halos take on the Rockies in Coors Field with Mook. One of my best friends from back in the day is coming down from San Francisco to watch the Giants play in Anaheim. Also have trips to San Diego for the Padres planned as well.

So excited for this season to kick off I can hardly wait :willy:

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love baseball, it just doesn't love me back. I'm an Indians fan in the AL, and originally from the 'burg, so a Pirates fan. Need I say more?

Although this just might be the year the Pirates get to .500!

I'm a big Red Sox fan. I think the only people that are happy, so far, with our new manager are the Boston sports writers. I will miss Francona. He got the bums rush last year after managing to 2 World Series titles. It should be interesting. I'm still not happy about that pick up from Dylan's team a few years back. Maybe Lackey will be better after his surgery, or maybe he's done.

I'm a Nationals fan but I'm not holding out a lot of hope for this year...again. But, I will enjoy watching games from the upper deck on a warm summer day enjoying an ice cold beer and hot dog. Sooooo worth it.

Even though Albert is gone and we have a new manager I think the Cardinals still have a good chance at repeating this year. This is especially so since we will have Wainwright back in the rotation.

Now I can't wait for March 15th to get here as my wife and I will be going to Jupiter for spring training for the first time:willy:

Mets fan here I dont expect more then .500 this year but with all the changes being made you never know. I hope they keep david wright and not trade him now that they are changing the stadium dimensions to where he might have some power at home again. I never understood how you take your best player who hits alot of homeruns to right field and put him in a stadium with the biggest right field in the league stupid if you ask me.

I'm a big Red Sox fan. I think the only people that are happy, so far, with our new manager are the Boston sports writers. I will miss Francona. He got the bums rush last year after managing to 2 World Series titles. It should be interesting. I'm still not happy about that pick up from Dylan's team a few years back. Maybe Lackey will be better after his surgery, or maybe he's done.

What they did to Tito in Boston was criminal... he deserved much better than that. This coming from an Angels fan who holds A LOT of hate for the 'Sawks'... I had tons of respect for Francona.

I can't stand Bobby Valentine as an analyst, even less as a coach. I can't wait to watch him crash and burn. I predict his tenure will be short lived after Boston doesn't make the postseason again this year. They're certainly not the best team in the east, and the wild card will likely go to the Halos or Rangers after one of them wins the AL west.

As for Lackey... Boston now knows why we let our "ace" leave without putting up much of a fight. Never cared much for the guy when he was in Anaheim. Terrible attitude, terrible team mate (by most accounts), injury prone, and ever since game 7 of the 2002 WS wildly over rated. Enjoy! Its only gets worse from here. Wait until he starts barking back at his team mates from the mound or getting into stare downs with the coaching staff. A lot of his bad attitude went unreported b/c the Halos don't get much main stream media exposure, but its coming... as a fan who was there to watch him for years... trust me, his attitude will only get worse as time goes on. :D

Detroit Tigers for me.

We have some very great players.

My question is: Why would they pay Cecil Fielder's son Prince $214 Million Dollars over 9 yrs which is about $23.8 Million a year? He must be better than I think.

Holy Smokes Batman. :willy:

Tigers have a hell of a team... my early prediction is DET v. LAA in the ALCS. Verlander v. Weaver part II.

Prince is arguably one of the greatest hitters in the game right now, hits for power and average. I'm glad he didn't land with the Rangers... his bat in that park... YIKES! I read a story about when Cecil took him to do batting practice in Arlington when Prince was only 13 and he was hitting balls into the upper deck back then! Don't let that chubby exterior fool you Teresa... Prince can play!! My concern would be how his body breaks down under that weight later in his career, but for now he'll put up monster numbers in the motor city. Glad we're not in the AL central!!

Edited by Dylan@Adams

I love baseball, it just doesn't love me back. I'm an Indians fan in the AL, and originally from the 'burg, so a Pirates fan. Need I say more?

Although this just might be the year the Pirates get to .500!

Clint Hurdle is an excellent man, and a pretty good manager. You guys are back in the right direction.

What they did to Tito in Boston was criminal... he deserved much better than that. This coming from an Angels fan who holds A LOT of hate for the 'Sawks'... I had tons of respect for Francona.

I can't stand Bobby Valentine as an analyst, even less as a coach. I can't wait to watch him crash and burn. I predict his tenure will be short lived after Boston doesn't make the postseason again this year. They're certainly not the best team in the east, and the wild card will likely go to the Halos or Rangers after one of them wins the AL west.

As for Lackey... Boston now knows why we let our "ace" leave without putting up much of a fight. Never cared much for the guy when he was in Anaheim. Terrible attitude, terrible team mate (by most accounts), injury prone, and ever since game 7 of the 2002 WS wildly over rated. Enjoy! Its only gets worse from here. Wait until he starts barking back at his team mates from the mound or getting into stare downs with the coaching staff. A lot of his bad attitude went unreported b/c the Halos don't get much main stream media exposure, but its coming... as a fan who was there to watch him for years... trust me, his attitude will only get worse as time goes on. :D

Tigers have a hell of a team... my early prediction is DET v. LAA in the ALCS. Verlander v. Weaver part II.

Prince is arguably one of the greatest hitters in the game right now, hits for power and average. I'm glad he didn't land with the Rangers... his bat in that park... YIKES! I read a story about when Cecil took him to do batting practice in Arlington when Prince was only 13 and he was hitting balls into the upper deck back then! Don't let that chubby exterior fool you Teresa... Prince can play!! My concern would be how his body breaks down under that weight later in his career, but for now he'll put up monster numbers in the motor city. Glad we're not in the AL central!!

I pretty much echo Dylan's thoughts here, and the ReDSox are my #1 team. Lackey can get bent, worthless decision. Tito got jerked here, well that, and the clubhouse was absolute trash last year. It's funny, winning hides a lot but only goes so far. Valentine? Don't get me started. I can't keep it PG discussing that move.

I think the Fielder signing was great for everyone but Detroit. He got paid like he did because of Pujols. Dude can't play defense. IMO if you're gonna give someone that kinda money they better have a nice glove. Of all the 1B over the years with huge contracts, I haven't seen one that plays defense worse than Prince.

My AL Pennant teams: LA Angels vs the Rays

My NL Pennant teams: The Rockies vs the Phillies.

There are a lot of questions coming into the season with the Rockies. Who is their ace? De La Rosa was gonna be that guy but we won't see him until June. STILL far ahead of schedule from Tommy John's. Nicasio is coming back from a broken neck, and I heard he was the best pitcher "on the island" in the Domenican during winterball. We added Guthrie from BAL last week who is projected as our opening day starter. He's been an innings eater and we needed one. The bullpen is solid, and we did get rid of Huston Street so that's a win already!

In the field, we signed a nice catcher in Hernandez, brought in Scutaro to play 2nd, and Cuddyer to play 3rd. That tells me (given the reputations of guys like Cuddy and Scuts) that O'Dowd isn't pleased with Tulowitzski's leadership qualities. He's been quoted as saying he hated the chemistry in the clubhouse last year. Well, it's certainly changed.

:patriot:

Phillies! God I can't wait for baseball. With baseball comes beer, grilling, nice weather, a game to watch most nights, and games to go to for cheap!(Not as cheap as before they were WS champs though :( )

The past 3 years I've been going to games in DC to watch the Nationals and Phillies play, but the Nats aren't letting us Philly guys come anymore :(

Not ashamed to say in an Astros fan. Gotta support em even when we have the worst record locked up before they even report to camp. Rangers I guess are my default 2nd team since I know a few of the guys but I just dislike the American league style of play.

Not ashamed to say in an Astros fan. Gotta support em even when we have the worst record locked up before they even report to camp. Rangers I guess are my default 2nd team since I know a few of the guys but I just dislike the American league style of play.

Well, better grow to like it, your Astros join the rest of us in the AL west in 2013 with realignment :thumbsup:

Phillies! God I can't wait for baseball. With baseball comes beer, grilling, nice weather, a game to watch most nights, and games to go to for cheap!(Not as cheap as before they were WS champs though :( )

The past 3 years I've been going to games in DC to watch the Nationals and Phillies play, but the Nats aren't letting us Philly guys come anymore :(

You had me at beer. You had me at beer.

I am a Red Sox fan and last year I made a trip to Fenway. Loved every minute of it. We have three minor league teams close to where I live (Single A Winston Salem Dash, Double A Greensboro Grasshoppers, and Triple A Durham Bulls) and I catch as many games as possible. Looking forward to the start of the season.

I despise baseball...

THAT is so unAmerican, NOT! I loved playing baseball/softball but watching a game? Umm no thanks. Unless it's the local minor league team: http://jolietslammers.com/

$5 lawn tickets FTW! Minor league action is great, they actually run to first base, unlike the princes in the Majors.

meh.......

That sir, cracked me up! :thumbsup:

I'm a Cubs fan....

so yeah...here we go again.

Oh Chase I'm so sorry to hear that.:jester: Poor guy, I wouldn't wish that on anyone...:willy: Seriously though, it'd be nice to see them go all the way.

Well, better grow to like it, your Astros join the rest of us in the AL west in 2013 with realignment :thumbsup:

Don't remind me... And I was happy to get Pujols and fielder out of the nl central and we might become relevant sooner but sadly we get to face him a lot more... Oh and the rangers offense too. Can't tell you how excited I am about that. I'm expecting big things from Jordan lyles though and Jason Castro as well this year. We will have talent sometime and Jordan Schaffer will get a chance to grow up as an everyday player as well.

I think the last month of the season and this offseason almost killed me. I'm a lifelong Cards fan and the ups and downs of the season and post season, followed by Pujols breaking my heart just about did me in. I just want baseball again. So go Cards! BTW I can't believe I'm saying this but I think we actually have a better team this year without Pujols.