Customer Service 866.965.0400

Official 2012 MLB Thread - Wanna talk baseball? Come on in!

Team Adam's

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love the move my Yankees made for Pineda :D

Can't wait till the season starts, I'm looking forward to a productive season and hopefully flying back to New York again for the World Series, still the best experience of my life!

As for the Red Sox, I still can't believe Francona got the boot like he did, I obviously hate the Red Sox, but I always respected Francona as well, he was a stand up guy, not arrogant at all and a great leader.

I can't stand Valentine, never have liked him in the past either. Things should get pretty Jerry Springer come Yankees/Red Sox time :lol:

not much to talk about again this year...Mets are gona stink it up in the NL East again this year...probably finish 5th in the standings. lost reyes and besides a couple mediocre bullpen and 2 string add-ons, its gona basically be up to some of the younger talent to step up.

I'm intrigued to see how the NL East plays out this year, with the Phillies losing Oswalt, I don't think they'll coast to the NL East title so easily. It'll be interesting to see how Miami does this coming season, with all their acquisitions.

I'm intrigued to see how the NL East plays out this year, with the Phillies losing Oswalt, I don't think they'll coast to the NL East title so easily. It'll be interesting to see how Miami does this coming season, with all their acquisitions.

Also Howard is out to start the year and they're saying he'll miss the first half... so theres most of their power threat. A lot of the divisions got more interesting this year for sure.

I can't wait for the season to start. My DBacks should take the NL West again. Every move Towers made in the offseason seems to be great. The pitching staff is looking to be one of, if not the deepest in the league. They're solid 1-5 and have a couple great young arms waiting to come up. The only real question mark is if a couple of the guys can reproduce what they did last year or if it was a one year fluke. Luckily we have enough in the minors to go out and get a missing piece or two if needed.

Sorry Mook, the Rockies aren't going anywhere again this year. You guys are going to be looking up at the DBacks and the Giants once again.

I can't wait for the season to start. My DBacks should take the NL West again. Every move Towers made in the offseason seems to be great. The pitching staff is looking to be one of, if not the deepest in the league. They're solid 1-5 and have a couple great young arms waiting to come up. The only real question mark is if a couple of the guys can reproduce what they did last year or if it was a one year fluke. Luckily we have enough in the minors to go out and get a missing piece or two if needed.

Sorry Mook, the Rockies aren't going anywhere again this year. You guys are going to be looking up at the DBacks and the Giants once again.

The beauty of young teams is for every step they take forward, they find a way to take five backwards the next. Look at Colorado from the fluke in 2007 vs 2008. There is a lot of learning to be done in AZ still. At least you have Kirk Gibson and he knows how to win. There is still a ton to be learned here. The Giants IMO are still the team to beat in the NL West. That's not to say the Rox won't be the WildCard.

The DBacks record last year wasn't bad at 94-68. Some have them in the Top 10 in power. With Drew still being a question mark for opening day, and coming off the injury he is, combined with IMO only two players that are worth the squat in the lineup aside from Drew...it's gonna be tough.

My best guess is the Rockies will struggle for the first month or so finding their new ID as a team that turned over a lot from last year, and pick up steam heading into the break. I think it will come down to them and the Giants and the last week of the season to clinch the division or wild card. I see the NL East as being weaker this season, and Miami is not going to be what everyone thought....therefore I think both the East and Central don't have the teams to compete for the Wild Card Spot.

Grew up an A's fan, so the last few years have abysmal. I am tired of seeing other teams use that team as some sort of extension of their farm system. The problems are deep seeded and I could fill a page writing about why they can't retain any of their young talent. My only hope is that Selig finally makes a decision to allow the A's to move to San Jose. MLB spent 3 flippin years studying it! The Giants need to quit holding the South Bay hostage and relinquish the territory rights that the A's gave them in '92 when THEY were trying to move there!

Speaking of the Giants, they get Buster Posey back this year. That should help that offense of theirs that just couldn't seem to come up with the big hit in key situations. With their pitching though, they are always going to have a shot!

The beauty of young teams is for every step they take forward, they find a way to take five backwards the next. Look at Colorado from the fluke in 2007 vs 2008. There is a lot of learning to be done in AZ still. At least you have Kirk Gibson and he knows how to win. There is still a ton to be learned here. The Giants IMO are still the team to beat in the NL West. That's not to say the Rox won't be the WildCard.

The DBacks record last year wasn't bad at 94-68. Some have them in the Top 10 in power. With Drew still being a question mark for opening day, and coming off the injury he is, combined with IMO only two players that are worth the squat in the lineup aside from Drew...it's gonna be tough.

My best guess is the Rockies will struggle for the first month or so finding their new ID as a team that turned over a lot from last year, and pick up steam heading into the break. I think it will come down to them and the Giants and the last week of the season to clinch the division or wild card. I see the NL East as being weaker this season, and Miami is not going to be what everyone thought....therefore I think both the East and Central don't have the teams to compete for the Wild Card Spot.

The DBacks really aren't a "young" team though. They're average age is fairly low, but they have a experience. Like Upton is only 24, but this is going to be his 5th year in the show. Goldschmidt is really the only guy that's going to be a regular that hasn't been around for a bit. The 2007 DBacks were a young fluke that year when they met the Rox in the post season. It was a lot of call ups and guys that had no experience who played above their heads. The make-up of the team now is much different. I will be shocked, barring major injury, if they're not in the post season this year. Something I didn't say after 2007. In 2007 I felt the team was still a few years out from being good.

I'd give them a bit more than 2 players worth squat in the line up. Upton, Montero, and Goldschmidt are all big bats with Kubel and Hill being solid. Roberts could be another one if he matches last season, but that's the biggest question mark to me not counting Drew's status. Young should be his erratic self again where he'll go on a tear for a few days and then not get a hit for a couple weeks. That seems to be his way. The hope is always that the tears come at the right times.

I'm not sold on the giants being the team to beat either. They didn't really do much to bolster their offense. Timmy and Cain can't win 1-0 every night. Get back a healthy Posey will be big for them, but that's still a big if. His injury was pretty ugly and we still need to see if he's the same player after it. I have the same concern about Drew, but Posey is a lot more important to the Giants offense than Drew is to the DBacks. Their pitching staff should keep them in the hunt though and make them a dangerous post season team. I think there's still too many offensive question marks though to say their the team to beat.

The DBacks really aren't a "young" team though. They're average age is fairly low, but they have a experience. Like Upton is only 24, but this is going to be his 5th year in the show. Goldschmidt is really the only guy that's going to be a regular that hasn't been around for a bit. The 2007 DBacks were a young fluke that year when they met the Rox in the post season. It was a lot of call ups and guys that had no experience who played above their heads. The make-up of the team now is much different. I will be shocked, barring major injury, if they're not in the post season this year. Something I didn't say after 2007. In 2007 I felt the team was still a few years out from being good.

I'd give them a bit more than 2 players worth squat in the line up. Upton, Montero, and Goldschmidt are all big bats with Kubel and Hill being solid. Roberts could be another one if he matches last season, but that's the biggest question mark to me not counting Drew's status. Young should be his erratic self again where he'll go on a tear for a few days and then not get a hit for a couple weeks. That seems to be his way. The hope is always that the tears come at the right times.

I'm not sold on the giants being the team to beat either. They didn't really do much to bolster their offense. Timmy and Cain can't win 1-0 every night. Get back a healthy Posey will be big for them, but that's still a big if. His injury was pretty ugly and we still need to see if he's the same player after it. I have the same concern about Drew, but Posey is a lot more important to the Giants offense than Drew is to the DBacks. Their pitching staff should keep them in the hunt though and make them a dangerous post season team. I think there's still too many offensive question marks though to say their the team to beat.

I could talk baseball all day, and the fact you are in the division...dude we could have some beers! :cheers: Busta-Bust-er Posey will be huge for the Giants this year.

On a side note...are they doing a show on Showtime like they did for the Giants last season, this season?

I root for two team one AL and one NL, New York Yankees and the Colorado Rockies, before ya'll start on the Yanks, I've been a life long fan, longer than most of ya'll been around, and livin' in CO. well that's easy. But I pretty much give up going to games and supporting the Monfort dummies after the way they handled ticket sale for the World Series.

I could talk baseball all day, and the fact you are in the division...dude we could have some beers! :cheers: Busta-Bust-er Posey will be huge for the Giants this year.

If you're ever in town or if I head up there... You need to get on the Barrett-Jackson trip team too. Get paid to come down here for the week. ;)

Hopefully Posey will have a good year. I'm not ready to say he'll be huge again until we actually see him on the field though. That was a nasty injury and I hope he can come back from it. It sucks to see a good young player get destroyed by an injury.

If you're ever in town or if I head up there... You need to get on the Barrett-Jackson trip team too. Get paid to come down here for the week. ;)

Hopefully Posey will have a good year. I'm not ready to say he'll be huge again until we actually see him on the field though. That was a nasty injury and I hope he can come back from it. It sucks to see a good young player get destroyed by an injury.

Doesn't it? Great catchers are few and far between.:patriot:

not much to talk about again this year...Mets are gona stink it up in the NL East again this year...probably finish 5th in the standings. lost reyes and besides a couple mediocre bullpen and 2 string add-ons, its gona basically be up to some of the younger talent to step up.

:lurk:

I grew up just outside of Boston, so I'm a die hard Red Sox fan. This season looks to be a let down though.:(

We are missing Tito...It was Beckett's turn to have a good year last year...perhaps no Tek...Papi on the downside...I'm gonna be right there with ya wishing it wasn't so!

Remember, BoSox first, then Rockies! (Heck, I honeymooned @ Fenway!)

With Theo gone....I think sadly, it's back to being mediocre. Who knows. I am more than willing to give this regime an open-minded chance.

If they can change the chemistry in the Clubhouse...and if they can pitch better....and have a closer....they may have a shot.

Yeah, getting Buster Posey back will certainly help the offense provided he can return to his rookie season from. But yes, the Giants really haven't done much else to bolster that lineup. Fortunately, there seems to be a lot of parity in the NL West, so it could be an entertaining and tight race into October.