Customer Service 866.965.0400

Official 2012 MLB Thread - Wanna talk baseball? Come on in!

Team Adam's

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I simply cannot believe the A's ran down the Rangers... unreal! If I had a time machine I'd be going back to early april this year and placing my entire lifes savings on Oakland to win the west... bet the odds were off the charts! LOL

No one had them even contending this year. What a story.

How did they get SO good SO fast?

Simple - no fear. When there are no expectations, no pressure, no one believes in you its easy to play like nothing is at stake, which is how they've been playing. They're a dangerous team b/c they're playing with house money at this point and don't know any other way to play. Its exactly the opposite of what the Halos and Rangers did... the expectations got to them. It showed early in April for the Angels, it showed late in the season for the Rangers. It was in their heads that they were the cream of the crop and they SHOULD win, when they didn't things snowballed.

I've got SF winning it all this year... A's maybe in the WS, but I get a feeling they may stumble late in a series and get knocked out. We'll see.

The Giants have flown under the radar again this year, and their staff is too damn good.

Giants pitching kills. I have seen it too many times. Pretty impressive with Fat Miggy winning the Triple Crown. That's as impressive as scoring 100 goals in the NHL.

I still think Trout wins the MVP. He plays CF better than anyone I have seen since a young Ken Griffey, and can run the bases too. Which, is a lost art.

I'm just pissed he didn't get his 50th last night... would've made him a 30hr 50sb ROOKIE! Can't wait for the next decade+ of his career, should be amazing to watch him continue to develop (as if he could get any better?)

He's got all the tools to be the next great player. I hope he keeps his head in the right place.

Torii Hunter has him under his wing... which is good. After making some of those HR robs in CF he would get a little jacked (as I think any of us would) and immediately you'd see Torii come over and put him back in his place... and then theres this :lolsmack:

3:54PM EST October 1. 2012 - Mike Trout is probably the best offensive player on the Los Angeles Angels team this season. He's in the running for the American League MVP award and the hands-down rookie of the year winner.

But that doesn't mean he's hands-off when it comes to rookie hazing by the veterans.

After Game 2 of their double header against the Texas Rangers, Trout dressed up as a giant baby, wearing diaper and a bib.

trout-4_3_r560.jpg?f061b7ce9937c38b702e6f308816ac2a14e2a4ec

Andddddddddddddddddddddddddd

BUUUUUBYE CAPTAIN EYEBROWS!

In town long enough to sink a proud team, and run out some of their best players.

You can get a mean case of the soupy deuces for all I care!

Sucks, because Red Sox management is full on ready to pull the trigger on ANOTHER bad hire too.