Customer Service 866.965.0400

Official 2012 MLB Thread - Wanna talk baseball? Come on in!

Team Adam's

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
i cant watch any met games but can anyone tell me if they have heard on espn or whatever why they are getting beat a lot lately? pitching injuries? bad pitching? no batting support?

As per usual when a team isn't playing well - all of the above.

Let's go Rangers!!! Hope they keep it up!

They're looking strong right now but have a long, tough road trip ahead. They'll need to keep playing well....

I really thought the Angels would make a push while the Rangers were cold but they weren't able to take advantage. Might have been their last chance....

So.....

The Ranger's new ACE. The arm that's going to take them over the hump and actually WIN the World Series this time is going to miss his start in Toronto this weekend.

Why?

He doesn't have a VISA.

But wait. There's more.

Wait for it.....

He's Canadian.

I'm glad the move has me distracted and missing most of the Angels games lately. I don't think my heart can take it.

Dude. You have a real problem with your priorities. Better tighten it up.

So.....

The Ranger's new ACE. The arm that's going to take them over the hump and actually WIN the World Series this time is going to miss his start in Toronto this weekend.

Why?

He doesn't have a VISA.

But wait. There's more.

Wait for it.....

He's Canadian.

Was that really the reason?? Figured he was scared after his last suckfest. Him and Oswalt have me questioning Jon Daniels' pitcher selecting ability.

Was that really the reason?? Figured he was scared after his last suckfest. Him and Oswalt have me questioning Jon Daniels' pitcher selecting ability.

Yeppers. Actually - he could have gone to Canada but he couldn't have come back. Seems like a good deal to me.

After watching parts of both the Angels and Ranger games tonight I am really pulling for those two to meet in the AL Championship. Talk about a slugfest of teams that have solid pitching and the best lineups 1-9 in the game. I think I would spend a few hundred bucks on a nosebleed seat to 1 of those games for sure.

Everything I've read says its all but done.

Article I read made a good point though... A-gon was made to hit in Fenway. His numbers have all been up there... his career numbers at Chavez ravine (when he was in his prime with SD) are god awful.

A lot of fans are going to assume hes gonna come in and hit bombs, problem is when you go from the shoebox they call fenway to the big expanses of Dodger stadium they won't come as easily. He'll need to turn into a gap hitter and back off the power swing to be useful there.

Crawford is a gamble IMO. He hasn't been even a shell of himself since leaving Tampa.... if he comes back from TJ surgery maybe he can recapture his game... but thats a BIG maybe.

Beckett is clubhouse cancer... hopefully there are stronger personalities in the dodgers organization to curb his attitude, if not he'll just drag them down.

+1 on Beckett being a clubhouse cancer. Good luck with him. As a Red Sox fan I have been awaiting the departure of both Beckett and Crawford, not too psyched about Adrian leaving though.

This deal feels like somone is hitting the reset button. It's been a tough year. I'm glad football is starting soon!

Edited by mikegeaney

I certainly hope so. I'm starting to think we need new ownership. These guys are all over the map with Nascar interests, a premiere league soccer team, and wives much younger than them. I'll give them a pass on the third one. Once Theo and Francona left I knew we were headed downward.

I have to say this will be a good thing for the Bo Sox.

Beckett has been a negative for this team lately and Crawford doesn't deserve crap of that money he signed for IMO.

I'm a Yankee fan and I can say it sucks not having the Bo Sox chasing you or you chasing them this time of the season for a chance in the post season.

The rivalry is great and its not the same when you see a team like the Bo Sox having that much potential to win the league and they are playing like crap. Many of my friends are fans and they cannot believe what the hell hapend the last couple years.

Mattingly will not take Becketts crap in LA that's for sure. He better start to grow the hell up.

great week for Rangers baseball ;) Beltre is smoking hot right now, hit for cycle last night, HR night before and three HR the night before that! Thursday all teams combined for over 100 runs..those of you who love Papa Johns, orders are 50% off with promo code MLB100 this weekend... Ought to be a great second half

(and no I dont work for PJ's lol)