Customer Service 866.965.0400

Official 2012 MLB Thread - Wanna talk baseball? Come on in!

Team Adam's

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the rangers weren't in for a trade deadline pitcher before tonight... they are now!

Oswalt certainly hasn't been what they hoped I'm sure, and with Josh Beckett out there my guess is the Rangers are on the phone with Boston right now. Might be good for Beckett to get out of bean town.

If the rangers weren't in for a trade deadline pitcher before tonight... they are now!

Oswalt certainly hasn't been what they hoped I'm sure, and with Josh Beckett out there my guess is the Rangers are on the phone with Boston right now. Might be good for Beckett to get out of bean town.

I almost wonder if the rangers would be better off with 2 pitchers say Beckett and a Matt Garza/James Shields. I highly doubt they could afford Lee and that Lee would be the answer. Beckett is a pretty big risk but I think the reward is good with him. A change of scenery would do him good and he's a Texas boy.

Anyone can have a bad day. But that was pretty bad.

I agree they need to get another arm.

It's not like the Angels are looking smooth. The Rangers still scored a lot of runs off their bullpen. Of course Mikey left one guy in to take the heat so the rest of his pen is ready for tonight.

Still three left!

Soto?

He'll be your backup... he had a great rookie year offensively, but never seemed to be able to figure it out again and has been on a downslide ever since. Believe he was NL ROY that year too.

Right now his line is .199 BA / .284 OBP / .347 SLG - so in short terms HORRIBLE, but he has shown he can be good. Maybe in a different environment he'll do well. Rangers are gambling with this, or they intend to lock Napoli up going into next year. If Nap walks, there would be a big hole at catcher if soto doesn't turn it around.

NOW the Dempster deal at the last minute makes even more sense. They really needed him.

Early on the rumors were they weren't pushing too hard for him, then to jump in and beat out the yanks at the last minute... there had to be something else going on.

I still say the rangers are 1 pitcher short.... AGAIN. I guess JD wasn't willing to trade Olt or Profar for a top tier pitcher. That means that Andrus will be on the trading block maybe as soon as this winter to get Profar to the big leagues.

Even though the official trade deadline is over I wonder if there will be any large waiver deals made. Moreland is coming back for them but Morneau would boost that lineup and give it a much needed power left handed bat if he would clear waivers (besides Hamilton obviously).

Some are saying that a guy like Morneau or Cliff Lee would clear waivers simply b/c of the size of the contracts... but there won't be many 'difference makers' left. The bigger moves will all come this winter now.

Looks like Morneau has 1 year left after this year so I wouldn't say he would be impossible to move but the twin's won't get much back at all for him now at this point. Cliff Lee is stuck in Philly as they do not want to pay for him to play somewhere else as he is better than that but nowhere near that contract they gave him. I wonder if they will feel the same about Hamels too in a few years.

Didn't want to jinx it, but Weaver was looking unhittable thru 5... everything was a weak off balance swing. He had it going tonight.

Little nervous for tomorrow... Richards is filthy, but still very young and inexperienced. If the Rangers are gonna get back in this series tomorrow is the day.

I'm on the road Thursday headed to Indy so I'll miss CJ's start against Dempster. :(

So this isn't MLB, but I thought it was pretty funny nonetheless. A minor league umpire ejected the "music guy" at a game for playing Three Blind Mice. I guess somebody's a little sensitive...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hS0GrJoBBzs]Umpire Ejects Daytona Cubs Music Man Derek Dye - YouTube[/ame]