Customer Service 866.965.0400

Official 2012 MLB Thread - Wanna talk baseball? Come on in!

Team Adam's

Dan Haren has looked horrible this year... I'm starting to wonder if hes hurt b/c hes not at all himself. 26 earned runs in the last 27 innings pitched? Thats very un-Haren-like.

I was upset he was getting shelled by the Indians until I saw what Ole' Roy Oswalt was doing for the Rangers agains the ChiSox! Someone call in the ambulance!! Yeeeesh!! :willy:

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn white sox...19-2 what a whoopin!

Most ball players will tell you they'd rather lose 19-2 than 1-0.

It's just one game. Hopefully the Rangers will win the SERIES - as they've done 6 straight times....

I'm gonna have to agree with you there... Wright is having a hell of a year, not taking anything away from Panda b/c hes played extremely well too, but from a 'deserving to start' standpoint I think Wright should have gotten it.

I was quite suprised as well. Usually the NY teams have a HUGE advantage in voting. I guess it's nice to see the left coast get some love but I agree D.Wright should be the starter.

Why aren't Hamilton and Dunn in home run derby? Supposed to be highest average right?

Hamilton was invited but he declined. I don't know about the big Dunkey.

I think it's smart of Hammy to decline. He'll never be able to duplicate the magic of a few years ago. Why try? Let that be your legacy.

I don't think it has anything to do with average.

Why aren't Hamilton and Dunn in home run derby? Supposed to be highest average right?

Its purely arbitrary now... the 2 captains for the HR derby teams (Kemp for the NL, Cano for the AL) get to choose their team. Should be a good one.

My boy Jumbo Trumbo is in for the AL and all I can say is get ready for a show! Hes currently sporting the longest average HR ball in all of MLB. I make sure to get to the yard early for any game I can b/c to watch him take BP is awesome... dude rakes!

I'm excited to see what Stanton does on the NL side... hes got some serious pop in his bat too.

Its purely arbitrary now... the 2 captains for the HR derby teams (Kemp for the NL, Cano for the AL) get to choose their team. Should be a good one.

My boy Jumbo Trumbo is in for the AL and all I can say is get ready for a show! Hes currently sporting the longest average HR ball in all of MLB. I make sure to get to the yard early for any game I can b/c to watch him take BP is awesome... dude rakes!

I'm excited to see what Stanton does on the NL side... hes got some serious pop in his bat too.

I believe G.Stanton is a scratch. Not sure who's replacing him...

Is Giancarlo Stanton the same as Mike Stanton?

Did he change his name to sound more....sleek and aerodynamic?

Yep - same dude. If I understand correctly - Giancarlo was ALWAYS his first name. He just went by Mike. He decided to start going by his real first name in order to score better w/ the babes.

Because being a MLB player just isn't enough anymore.

So as I texted Mook earlier... I am all kinds of geek'd up about the HR Derby tonight, so lets have a little fun. How about a little guessing game to win some Brilliant Glaze?

Guess the total number of HR's hit in all rounds combined. Closest without going over wins a 16oz Brilliant Glaze and their choice of red machine pad or Americana app.

Tie breaker: Pick a player... ties will be broken by which player had more total HR's.

Your guess has to be posted BEFORE 5pm PST today.

Winning Number is 82 (did I honestly miss it by 1 over? WOW!)

Number: 96.

Hitter: Prince Fielder

+14

Number: 34

Hitter: Bautista

Number: 83

Hitter: Trumbo

+1

Number: 76

Hitter: Kemp

-6 (WINNER!)

Number: 59