Customer Service 866.965.0400

Official 2012 MLB Thread - Wanna talk baseball? Come on in!

Team Adam's

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And you always accused Arte Moreno of being cheap.... :cheers:

That is true, he sure opened his wallet this year.

It'll be intresting to see how Pujols produces come his later years, I see him breaking down like ARod has, just my opinion.

Crawford starts on the DL, but I'd be shocked if he didn't start to get back to being himself after the year he had last year. Pedroia and Ellsbury are a couple of great players, Gonzo will continue to be Gonzo, Youk is what he is, Ortiz will still put up decent numbers as DH... I have no doubt they'll put runs up.

Their rotation is a big question mark:

1. Beckett (if he returns to form)

2. Buchholz (if hes healthy)

3. Lester (if hes healthy)

X. Lackey (out for the seaon TJ surgery)

X. Dice-K (out for season TJ surgery)

4. Bard (if he can make the transition from bp to starter)

5. Aceves maybe? No clear winner here.

Did not know Dice-K was out all year.

So I haven't seen yet, but has MLB released what caused the false positive? There was a rumor going around that he was on some herpe medication that used a steriod and that explained the over the top levels in the test, but I never heard if that was the reality.

In any event I'm happy to find out hes not using PED's... I'm not a brewer fan, but Braun has always seemed like a class act.

Bay area sports fan here. We have a rent a Manny later in the year for the abysmal soon to be not the Oakland A's. Giants should once again have a solid pitching staff and maybe enough offense to score a few more runs this year. Ought to be fun.

anything new with the mets?

Besides the fact they'll finish last in the NL east not much... thats a tough division and even with moving the walls in to accommodate David Wright and getting Santana back on the mound I just don't see them competing with the rest of the division.

BTW - spring training games start this Saturday :D

Anyone besides me want to participate in your local teams' MLB Fantasy Camp?

I have been wanting to do this for years. Well, I feel I am finally healthy enough to start training for it. I think this time next year, I should have some nice pics (hopefully) to share here. THIS will happen.

Games til Bobby Valentine gets fired: 90

Games til Bobby Valentine SHOULD be fired: 1

Buhahaha... I love how hes already stirring stuff up with the Yankees. Really? Referencing back to a Jeter highlight from 11 years ago? How about concentrating on getting your pitching staff sober and their fried food intake down there Bobby V? Don't worry about what other teams did over a decade ago.

Buhahaha... I love how hes already stirring stuff up with the Yankees. Really? Referencing back to a Jeter highlight from 11 years ago? How about concentrating on getting your pitching staff sober and their fried food intake down there Bobby V? Don't worry about what other teams did over a decade ago.

How about someone, and I don't care who, trim that crazy man's eyebrows! How in the heck can anyone be taken seriously with eyebrows that grew in Australian Outback style.:2thumbs:

Besides the fact they'll finish last in the NL east not much... thats a tough division and even with moving the walls in to accommodate David Wright and getting Santana back on the mound I just don't see them competing with the rest of the division.

BTW - spring training games start this Saturday :D

yeah what i figured unfortunately.

Took it in the shorts for opening day tickets.

List price was around $40 for the section we wanted to be in, 7 of us going... normally I grab the tickets, but since I was going to be on a plane at 9am when they went on sale my best friend took over the duties.

Ticketmaster had a MAJOR failure, bunch of fans buying opening day tickets were sent confirmations for a game in September. He called, but it was already too late.... they apologized, but basically said "tough luck!" All the fan pages on Facebook are blowing up with this issue, people got shafted pretty good.

So I just finished paying about 4x face value for tickets thru stubhub just so I don't break our opening day under the BIG A tradition. Guess thats what we get for signing a big name... hopefully the bandwagon fans jump off the wagon soon.

List price was around $40 for the section we wanted to be in, 7 of us going... normally I grab the tickets, but since I was going to be on a plane at 9am when they went on sale my best friend took over the duties.

Ticketmaster had a MAJOR failure, bunch of fans buying opening day tickets were sent confirmations for a game in September. He called, but it was already too late.... they apologized, but basically said "tough luck!" All the fan pages on Facebook are blowing up with this issue, people got shafted pretty good.

So I just finished paying about 4x face value for tickets thru stubhub just so I don't break our opening day under the BIG A tradition. Guess thats what we get for signing a big name... hopefully the bandwagon fans jump off the wagon soon.

Welcome to the big time! Glad you at least got seats man. I get to sit here while everyone else in the office goes to opening day at the Can here.

Your tribal Angels hat is nice btw! and RARE!:thumbsup:

... hopefully the bandwagon fans jump off the wagon soon.

Good luck with that. Tickets to Fenway were a tough thing before 2004 but now it is just crazy. "Pink Hats" take up much of the joint now. I have not been to a game in 2 years...it just takes too much effort now. I'm actually going to Baltimore this year, and possibly Toronto, to see the Red Sox play.

Good luck with that. Tickets to Fenway were a tough thing before 2004 but now it is just crazy. "Pink Hats" take up much of the joint now. I have not been to a game in 2 years...it just takes too much effort now. I'm actually going to Baltimore this year, and possibly Toronto, to see the Red Sox play.

I paid over $400 for two seats for opening day there at Fenway in 2003...in the right field bleachers!

8f7d2e17.jpg

Only to have it rained out. :patriot: