Customer Service 866.965.0400

Official 2012 MLB Thread - Wanna talk baseball? Come on in!

Team Adam's

Posey makes an impact, but one man does not an offense make. They're gonna need more than just him putting runs up... 2010 was one of those years where everything just fell in place for them, but they were eeking out wins... given their pitching is fantastic, it can't be THAT on every night.

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to be able to give Yanks fans a hard time for the way they spent, but after the offseason Arte had with writing checks I think the halos are now 'yankees-west'

LOL

You used to give me so much crap about the Yankees spending too, :lol:

I'm happy with the approach the Yankees have taken the last few years, playing it smart, and not going after the aging veteran.

It's a rebuilding year if anything.....

I grew up just outside of Boston, so I'm a die hard Red Sox fan. This season looks to be a let down though.:(

You guys are crazy, the Red Sox will be in the thick of things most definitely. That offense is too good to have another season like last year.

I agree they will be in the thick of things but playoffs..... Ehh, we'll see how the season goes....

Crawford starts on the DL, but I'd be shocked if he didn't start to get back to being himself after the year he had last year. Pedroia and Ellsbury are a couple of great players, Gonzo will continue to be Gonzo, Youk is what he is, Ortiz will still put up decent numbers as DH... I have no doubt they'll put runs up.

Their rotation is a big question mark:

1. Beckett (if he returns to form)

2. Buchholz (if hes healthy)

3. Lester (if hes healthy)

X. Lackey (out for the seaon TJ surgery)

X. Dice-K (out for season TJ surgery)

4. Bard (if he can make the transition from bp to starter)

5. Aceves maybe? No clear winner here.

Crawford starts on the DL, but I'd be shocked if he didn't start to get back to being himself after the year he had last year. Pedroia and Ellsbury are a couple of great players, Gonzo will continue to be Gonzo, Youk is what he is, Ortiz will still put up decent numbers as DH... I have no doubt they'll put runs up.

Their rotation is a big question mark:

1. Beckett (if he returns to form)

2. Buchholz (if hes healthy)

3. Lester (if hes healthy)

X. Lackey (out for the seaon TJ surgery)

X. Dice-K (out for season TJ surgery)

4. Bard (if he can make the transition from bp to starter)

5. Aceves maybe? No clear winner here.

Dylan, your exactly right. Putting up the runs is not what I am concerned about. The offense is there. Giving up the runs especially in clutch situations is what worries me. The pitching staff needs some work.

Towards the end of the season I was hoping they would have traded him. He got an ego real quick once he got his contract and then could not produce in the clutch like he had before. He needs some more variation in his pitches. You can't be fully effective with two pitches in your arsenal.

Towards the end of the season I was hoping they would have traded him. He got an ego real quick once he got his contract and then could not produce in the clutch like he had before. He needs some more variation in his pitches. You can't be fully effective with two pitches in your arsenal.

You can if you have a cutter than does what it wants, and when it wants!

I can't stand Riviera but dood can deal as a closer!

Paps will get eaten up in Philly and straightened out.

Buchholz needs to step up in a big way, Beckett will have to return to World Series form, and Lester will have to stay healthy...just for them to have a sniff at a .600 win percentage.

You can if you have a cutter than does what it wants, and when it wants!

I can't stand Riviera but dood can deal as a closer!

Paps will get eaten up in Philly and straightened out.

Buchholz needs to step up in a big way, Beckett will have to return to World Series form, and Lester will have to stay healthy...just for them to have a sniff at a .600 win percentage.

The only thing with only having two pitches is that everyone expects one or the other.

I took can't stand Riviera but he is good, I have to say that.

I think the whole pitching staff needs to step it up and try to stay healthy. That's the biggest thing.

You're talking to a guy whos team led the majors last year in blown saves... given Walden has triple digit fastballs and literally leaves his feet as he throws, he just needs to have more confidence in his stuff. We didn't make any upgrades for the 9th so he better progress... for a first year rookie closer he wasn't bad, but the way he gave games away I almost wish we had Pap! LOL

Have to admit watching a 6'5" 235lbs man throw his whole body behind a pitch and hit trips on the gun is fun! I sure as hell wouldn't stand in there against him. Went to a game super early last year and hung out near the pen while he was practicing... he threw a ball at 104mph one throw, then a few later tossed his slider at about 89mph! Talk about changing speed! The fastball had a nasty late inward move on it, the slider just dropped like it hit a wall... if he can throw like that in a game situation he'll be something special. Right now he tries to be way too fine and hit corners rather than just letting the movement of the pitch work.

20110716-angels-vs-as-dh-walden-in-the-pen-1-for-blog.jpg?w=555

^and uh....lay off the KFC and Natty Light during games.

:D

WHAT? Thats championship food bro! Didn't Boomer pitch his perfect game hung over/still drunk for the Yanks? :cheers:

Edited by Dylan@Adams

You're talking to a guy whos team led the majors last year in blown saves... given Walden has triple digit fastballs and literally leaves his feet as he throws, he just needs to have more confidence in his stuff. We didn't make any upgrades for the 9th so he better progress... for a first year rookie closer he wasn't bad, but the way he gave games away I almost wish we had Pap! LOL

Have to admit watching a 6'5" 235lbs man throw his whole body behind a pitch and hit trips on the gun is fun! I sure as hell wouldn't stand in there against him.

20110716-angels-vs-as-dh-walden-in-the-pen-1-for-blog.jpg?w=555

WHAT? Thats championship food bro! Didn't Boomer pitch his perfect game hung over/still drunk for the Yanks? :cheers:

C'mon Man! LAckey was the ringleader of the Colonel Sanders Experience at Fenway. I can appreciate Boomer doing what he did sauced. :lol::lol:

That guy looks like an adult version of Billy Wagner throwing!

Most impressive heat throwers I've seen was bully Wagner in his prime and I got to stand next to neftali on the field throwing long distance before the game and that was the most impressive. A 6 ft maybe 200lb who can hit 105 fairly easy. He hit 107 on a few milb guns before they toned him down. It's amazing how some people's bodies allow that sort of torque.

Posey makes an impact, but one man does not an offense make. They're gonna need more than just him putting runs up... 2010 was one of those years where everything just fell in place for them, but they were eeking out wins... given their pitching is fantastic, it can't be THAT on every night.

Yeah, perusing the projected opening day line up doesn't instill a whole lot of confidence in their ability to outscore a lot of people in the event that the game gets broken open if one of their starters has a bad outing or their bullpen implodes. 2010 they caught lightning in a bottle. Not so sure they can do that again.

I am still laughing at this response. :2thumbs:

i am here for your entertainment!!! and to think on this site you dont have to pay $40 for a ticket, $12 for a beer and $8 for a bag of peanuts to yell at me and tell me how bad i am!!

As a Milwaukee native, the Brewers aren't going to return back to the playoffs. Braun will be suspended for 50 games because of herpes medication (so I've heard). Prince is in Detroit, which they over paid for him. At best, I think the Brewers go .500.

The Tiger's fans will find out that Prince will give you 100%, but his defensive mobility isn't good. Within 5 years he will be a DH and his waistline is going to get bigger.

So Spring training has officially begun for my Cards. Pitchers and Catchers had to be there this weekend although I think all but two had made it to camp already. Man I love baseball, and if spring training has started then that must mean detail season is right around the corner too! Which is good because my cars are looking pretty shabby.

Anyone see what Roy rolled into the Phillies Camp in?

hotrod.jpg

Create-a-Caption: Roy Halladay

Pitchers and catchers were reporting all over Florida and Arizona over the weekend, but it's hard to imagine anyone making a cooler arrival than Roy Halladay. The Philadelphia Phillies ace sped into Clearwater on Saturday in a classic hot rod and, according to Matt Gelb of the Philadelphia Inquirer, the throwback pitcher enjoys restoring throwback cars about as much as he enjoys dominating the National League. (Check out the grin on his face, because it's possible it's the last time you'll see one from him all year.)