Customer Service 866.965.0400

New to me DD and testing the flex

suke

So I've made it back from India and have been jonesin to test out the flex I just bought.

Figured it's been about 6 months since this car has had an exterior detail. It had no visible swirls so figured I'd just play with the flex with some FMP mixed with a dot or two of revive( my new fav. combo). The flex is easier in ways, and more difficult.....in some ways. It is def harder to control at times. If it wants to walk......it will. If it wants to buck......it will. lol Although this didn't happen often, just when I would get the pad slightly raised and not completely flat. Don't have too many pics, cause I'm still pretty exhausted from the jet lag. And it's also raining outside. My S2000 doesn't see rain so I wasn't going to move it to get better pics.

Used 2 coats of sealant....sorry not Adams. I use this sealant on white cars, and cars with pearl paint. This one has both. :( Followed by a coat of quick sealant.

Not bad for 6 years old with 170k on it.

IMG_20120227_162331.jpg

IMG_20120227_162317.jpg

IMG_20120227_162255.jpg

IMG_20120227_162207.jpg

IMG_20120227_162149.jpg

IMG_20120227_162221.jpg

Shine makes it look like new. 6 yrs/ 170k mi, that's the way I like to buy 'em. Still lots of life left in it! A great DD for saving the S2000!

I inherited this one from my wife. So even better. Paid off, owned since new, AND save my S2000 from the miles.

It sure cleans up nice! Really love this pearl white. :banana:

So what did she 'trade-up' to? Or did she confiscate the S2K :lol:

fortunately she can't drive a stick, and I'm in no real hurry to teach her either. :thumbsup:

So she steers clear of the s2k. We bought her a new Honda CRV. She wanted something a little bigger(i.e. a mommy car), but hates mini-vans. However, she drives 100 miles a day so it needed to get decent gas mileage. The CRV fit the bill. She still get's close to 30mpg, and uses regular gas. The purchase was prompted by the alternator going out twice in 3 months in the Acura. Since she drives so much, and was going to be driving to FL while I was away in India, she needed something that was less likely to have issues. Granted I'm sure the Acura would have been ok, but everything just fell into place with the purchase.

Nice work.

White is really hard to find swirls/scratches, but i'm sure you got them all :lol:

Yeah, fortunately this car was taken care of by me all it's life. So it had limited amount of swirls when I did a full correction back in October. This go round it didn't have any I could see. Got her out in the sun today and couldn't see any swirls. Still need more practice with the flex.

No pics of the S man? I should be adding pics of my freshly detailed S into the intoruction section tomorrow. Nice to see there is more than one of us on the Adams forums with all the Vette, Stang, and SS truck owners.

Honda :2thumbs: I can't kick the bug of wanting a TSX.

Edit: Congrats on getting my post cherry. :burnout:

No pics of the S man? I should be adding pics of my freshly detailed S into the intoruction section tomorrow. Nice to see there is more than one of us on the Adams forums with all the Vette, Stang, and SS truck owners.

Honda :2thumbs: I can't kick the bug of wanting a TSX.

Edit: Congrats on getting my post cherry. :burnout:

There's plenty pics of the S on here already. Check my other thread in the 'cars' section. There's also another S in that thread that I detailed.

Archived