Customer Service 866.965.0400

microfiber towels for interior questions

goheels

Question

Hi everyone,

I did a quick search on the topic, but there were a variety of responses that have made me a bit indecisive... so I apologize in advance for the repetition. :o

I recently purchased the Leather/Interior cleaner & conditioner bottles (as well as the brush), but I was wondering if it was OK to use some of my cheaper (non-Adams brand) microfiber towels when doing light cleaning on the interior. I know that Adam's offers the black utility towels, but I was thinking that my crappy towels should do the trick as long as they stay away from the paint. I certainly don't want to crud up my double softs to do the interior... so is there any harm in using these towels? Will these towels scratch the interior trim/leather in any way? Will these non-Adams towels "drink" too much of the product when cleaning?

Thanks in advance for any help you guys can give me. :glasses:

8 answers to this question

I don't know if your other brand towels will scratch up your trim or not.

A good test is to rub the towel over the back of a CD. If it scratches that, it's gonna scratch your paint or trim.

I prefer WW towels on the interior myself.

Hi everyone,

I did a quick search on the topic, but there were a variety of responses that have made me a bit indecisive... so I apologize in advance for the repetition. :o

I recently purchased the Leather/Interior cleaner & conditioner bottles (as well as the brush), but I was wondering if it was OK to use some of my cheaper (non-Adams brand) microfiber towels when doing light cleaning on the interior. I know that Adam's offers the black utility towels, but I was thinking that my crappy towels should do the trick as long as they stay away from the paint. I certainly don't want to crud up my double softs to do the interior... so is there any harm in using these towels? Will these towels scratch the interior trim/leather in any way? Will these non-Adams towels "drink" too much of the product when cleaning?

Thanks in advance for any help you guys can give me. :glasses:

My opinion, and only because Adam's doesn't sell interior specific towels.

Get some white, or light colored towels to do your interior. That cleaner is the bees knees and works very well, but the only way to tell if you getting all the dirt/grime/fallout off your interior panels is with a light colored towel. If you use the premium WW towels Adams sells, just mark them so you don't use them on your paint, but they would work great.

With that being said, the best practice is to dampen a bunch of them in warm water, wring them out, and be sure to wipe the panels down when you are done to ensure you are getting all the crap up that the L&IC has "broken up". Failure to follow the directions on the bottle, has left streaking on a bunch of forum members panels when water is introducted again.

I would say a good rule of thumb is any time you use a cleaner, a damp rag follow-up is good practice.

plastic (like gauges and radio displays)

This! I forgot to mention, on my gauge cluster screen anyway....one pass with a crappy towel will microscratch the heck out of your display. A little revive and mine was back to normal. Like Dylan said though, be a careful around those areas.

This! I forgot to mention, on my gauge cluster screen anyway....one pass with a crappy towel will microscratch the heck out of your display. A little revive and mine was back to normal. Like Dylan said though, be a careful around those areas.

very important right here ^^^. Ive found cars like the camaro radio display can get some nasty scratches if you go at it with the wrong towel. I did a guys that came in and he used a towel from his garage to wipe off the display...hed never washed the towel, not kidding.

Archived